How to expose one of my sitemap to neighbours?

As usual your assistance is precise and most appreciated many thanks. Do strings or numbers have different method of update ? I was only

gDevice.sendCommand(OFF)

For switch item, Where a number item would need a Numeric value in () ?

Yes. That is all there is to it.

Over 1 year ago
 Let’s try again :slight_smile:
May be something appear new in OH since that time?

Many things are new, but no authentication mechanism.
You need to use a reverse proxy with credentials defined as outlined in the (current) security documentation. I assume you already checked there before posting here.

Due to the fact that there are 61 neighbors the safest would be having a 2nd OH instance for „public“ with nginx secured. Either shared user or individuals and keep your internal seperated.
Minimal setup only required item(s) etc.

I have multiple instances running (for high availability) and they share the same code which works with all bindings/devices etc.
so I do not see why it shouldn‘t work if limiting the public to one or few items

Communicating via MQTT or the API?

@Bruce_Osborne actually neither. Both are fully configured and connected to the various bindings, receive updates etc. The difference is, only one is executing actions which is triggerd by a “master switch”. So basically one is active and the 2nd one is just listening and in standby. Once the master switch is changed, the other instance can seemlessly take over.

But coming back to this thread, I would think same can be achieved. The only challenge I see is once they are on the sitemap, they could in principle also access paper UI etc. if active.