How to integrate Daikin Altherma LT heat pump?

Hello,
You can take a look at my PollingSettings.json here https://gist.github.com/KarstenB/15720b7c4440c4061cbf79b8fdd0e3a5

Karsten

Thanks for your reply!

As far as i saw things like Inlet and Outlet Temperature, Current Water Flow, etc. unfortunately aren’t included right? (Those would be the things i’d be especially interested in).

I found today following thread:
http://my-htd.de/Forum/t/215735/Rotex-HPSU-Daikin-Abtaugeschaedigte?page=3&PostSort=1
In the middle of the page there seems to be a new approach of getting (maybe also setting) values from the device: They managed to read the “D-Checker” plug with a simple USB to TTL stick and the original D-Checker software by Daikin. It seems that they could read even a lot more information and values from the heat pump than shown in the user interface control. Maybe someone knows if it’s possible to create a “Wifi to TTL” device (maybe with ESP8266 / ESP32) which reads the data and provides it to our SmartHomes via wifi?!?

Hi,
Yes, unfortunately the really cool and interesting data is not included :frowning:
Ok, I just read trough the last parts of the D-Checker story, and that is REALLY intriguing… I still have plenty of ESP32 laying around :smiley: So I might actually take a look at it.

Karsten

Hi,
Your work is really awesome. I just tested it and seems to work great, I still have to dive into the different values but that seems fine.
I have currently a EHVZ unit,so I don’t know if I can get a lot of infos, but still, having some basic information is great.
Again, thanks for your work and time.
I’ll try to give you a better feedback once I’ve integrated the data into Jeedom.
Regards,

Just found that there is also a Daikin “monitoring tool” (seems to be a d-checker light), which works via bluetooth and allows to get the data via an app on your mobile:

However couldn’t find this bluetooth adapter anywhere to buy and / or further information on what this adapter exactly does in it’s internals.

Great, thanks a lot for your contribution.
Unfortunately, this is conceptually somewhat incompatible to an openHAB integration, the better approach would be to write a binding.
Would you be willing to try integrating you code with the Daikin binding as suggested here?
Check back with @JimT, I’m sure he’ll give you a helping hand.

Hey Markus,
I started to implement a binding, but then switched away from it and went with the MQTT path. As it is using the homie convention, it should be fairly simple to get the data into OpenHab if needed.
Anyhow, if anyone is willing to continue in my footsteps with developing a binding:

I started with some unit tests and discovery is mostly working. The MQTT version is re-developed from scratch.

Karsten

I was hoping for you to do that. The binding framework is there, it’s hopefully just about integrating the Altherma endpoints.

This is another option it works!

I have been monitoring the heat pump for almost a year, it works perfect. You have all the available data, water flow, valve status, flow, return temperatures, etc …

@Luis_Lamich_Arocas
thx, can you share some information about how you built the hardware part for the ‘P1P2Serial’ project? Which parts are really needed and where to get them?

Hello good day,
The truth is that my knowledge of hardware is very limited, all the information about them is at the following link:

The assembly of the circuit was made by Arnold Niessen, I only acted as a tester. From what Arnold explained, the hardest circuits to find are the MM192s. But I think they can be obtained online. Surely Arnold can give you more clues. Thanks to him I was able to mount the system.
I only integrated the P1P2 into openhab with NodeRED to be able to monitor and interact with the heat pump.

ok, so you basically got the adapter from the project owner :smiley:

Is there anybody among us, who knows where to start if we’d like to develop a ESP32 / ESP8266 D-Checker adapter? (How to integrate Daikin Altherma LT heat pump?)
I could assist in writing the software, but i have no clue on how to build up a ‘USB - TTL’ stick for the ESP device.

Instead of going the P1P2 route, I would much rather go the D-Checker route, which is a regular UART, but someone needs to dump the traffic going trough this, so that it can be decoded.

Could anyone do any progress on this?

Just found some more stuff to hook on:

https://www.thermalsupplyinc.com/daikin-service-checkers/
=> Download of the D-Checker Windows Software and some manuals

=> Demo video of what it is capable of

Anybody who knows / could help in building an “ESP8266 / ESP32 D-Checker”?

This is done now.

Do we have experienced ESP programmers here?

Hello. I just got EHVZ08S23DA9W7 & ERGA08DAV3A installed and I would like to get sensor data to my other systems and dashboard. Behind the indoor units display panel, there is a RJ45 slot on the board.

I tried to connect it to the switch but it seems no DHCP request has been made. I also do not see any IP status/configuration even in installer menus which makes me wonder if this RJ45 is not for regular TCP. Anyone knows what it is for?

Hello,

You might want to have a look at this project I just released.
It’s pretty much an “ESP32 D-Checker” :slight_smile:
Hope you’ll like it!

Haha, great :slight_smile:

I built nearly the same thing as a windows application, which already works just fine since months :slight_smile:

Something you can share nr1?