How to integrate Tasmota flash device HUE emulation with OpenHab2

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: raspberry pi 4
    • Java Runtime Environment: Zulu Embedded OpenJDK Java 8
    • openHAB version: 2
  • Issue of the topic: Cannot integrate HUE lights over a tasmota flashed plug that emulates a HUE bridge. The two available philips hue e27 color plugs are not discovered. Please provide some guidance.

Do you have hue binding installed?

Do you see the tasmota bridge?

Lastly, why not use mqtt?

Hi,

Binding is installed. The bridge is visible in the Paper UI.
I would love to use MQTT. However, when using mqtt.fx, no topics for the HUE lamps are detected in the topics.

You wouldn’t see Hue lamps publishing to MQTT. Hue doesn’t speak MQTT. But that’s not a problem because the whole point of openHAB is to provide a bridge between different technologies. So openHAB connects to Hue. Tasmota devices connect through MQTT. And openHAB acts as a bridge between the two technologies, interpreting events from one and possible sending messages to the other.

Thanks a lot for your response.
I already have some tasmota flashed sockets in place and I have already integrated them into OpenHAB which works a like charm. I really like it :slight_smile:

However, I do not understand properly with regards to the remaining HUE lamps I have in my flat.
So speaking with Tasmota via MQTT is no problem, this I understand. But how can OpenHAB work as bridge when I do not have a HUE bridge (I got always asked for a username when use the Hue Bridge binding).
Maybe simply I not understand what you actually intent to tell me xD

Do you have the mqtt broker configured in tasmota? Once that is done you can look at tasmota console for a hint on topic names. Chances are you have the wrong topic name in mqtt.fx

I’m not sure what you mean by this statement. Is it:

1. You have two smart plugs that have been flashed with Tasmota and have Hue Bridge emulation turned on.
  2. You’ve flashed a a smart plug with Tasmota and are trying to use it as a Hue bridge to control two other Philips Hue devices.

I assume you mean (1), because (2) is not possible. However, I thought it best to ask in case there’s some confusion as to how Hue emulation works in Tasmota.

@Olgoetz like @rpwong says this is not possible.

Ok, then I mixed some things up.
Is it yet possible to integrate Hue lamps into OpenHAB without a Philips bridge?

Yes with a usb zigbee dongle. Zigbee binding or deconz support these. Read docs on what hardware supported.

I use deconz and Conbee II

Also some other zigbee gateways like tradfri May work if you already had one.

For future reference, the Hue emulation makes it so that a Philips Hue bridge will detect a Tasmota device as a Hue device. It would be clearer if it was labelled “Philips Hue multi device” in the Tasmota firmware, so your misinterpretation is understandable.

I did some research.
What I need to do is the following:

1. Buy a conbee 2
  2. Install deconz on the Raspberry PI
  3. Use this binding https://www.openhab.org/addons/bindings/deconz/

Is this correct?

1 Like

That is indeed misleading. Thanks for the clarification.