How to peer Homematic devices (windows HM-SEC-SD) and heating (HM-CC-RT-DN)?

Hi to all,

at this time iā€™m using FHEM and want to switch to openHAB. Iā€™ve found mostly everything i need with openHAB but i wonder, how i can peer Homematic devices such as HM-SEC-SD to HM-CC-RT-DN so that if i open a window, the heating gows down to ā€œwindow-modeā€ until i close it again.

I havenā€™t found something about that in the last couple of days. Hopefully somebody can help me.

Regards
Thomas

Hi Thomas,

you could use a rule to ā€œpeerā€ the window contact with the thermostat, but in my opinion this special area should be done direktly between the devices. The how to is described in the device manual. So the devices are directly linked and the option will work even if openhab is not there (crashed).

Do you use the CCU1 or 2 or Homegear?

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

thank you for your advice. Iā€™m using the HM-CFG-USB2 stick with my Raspberry. Running an emulation on it, so that it is running like a HM-CFG-LAN Adapter.

You are right, that i could peer the devices directly, but i want to peer the devices to an virtual device in OpenHAB (like i do in FHEM) because for an example i use different smoke detectors which cannot peered directly to each other. Second example is, i want to cool down the heating, when the window is open for at least 50 seconds and not immediately. Thatā€™s why iā€™m asking.

Regards
Thomas

Hi Thomas,

based on this i wuld prefer a mixture of all possibilities. For openHAB you need a CCU or homegear. With your USB Stick homegear ist the solution for you. a dircet peering mechanism is not implemented in openHAB. your windows examplecould be solved with rules. If have a similar example. If i open a windows in the living room for ventilation my fan should start to support ventilation, if in openhab a virtual switch is on. and this is realised with a rule.

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

if i understand it right, i could also make a rule for all of my smoke detectors.If any sends an alarm, i could make a rule which sends an alarm to all other smoke detectors, or not?

So my problems are solved by rules and not by peerings like in fhem. Each device would be a standalone device and OpenHAB would tell each device, what to do (cool heating down, make an alarm and so on).

Am i right?

Simply yes. I prefer standard device linking if it suits my need over rules, but yes you got it.

Thomas

Well thank you. Then i will go on testing and learning. :wink:

Hey guys, I wanted to add two things that might jump-start your progress @Thomas_M :wink:

1. Consider installing openHABian on your Raspberry Pi. Itā€™s an extended Raspbian setup with openHAB pre-installed. From the included menu (sudo openhabian-config) you can install homegear with one click.

2. After you got homegear running and your Homematic devices registered, you can also use the ā€œHomematic Konfiguratorā€ to pair devices. Go to http://www.eq-3.de/service/downloads.html and search for ā€œLAN Usersoftwareā€