How to semantic model? -> window + contact + roller shutter

I’m still struggling with the semantic model. I guess I don’t really know how to use the semantic model in rules etc. and so I’m not sure how to set it up.

E. g. how do you define windows with roller shutters and contacts?

My idea is to have an equipment “Window” with a point “OpenState”. I think that’s fine. But what’s about the shutter? Define it as a subequipment of “Window” or just as a point “Control”? How do you do that?

Thanks!

1 Like

I think this is an interesting question …

My scenario, rain protection for a room.

• window1 with rollershutter1
  • window2 with rollershutter2
  • a rain sensor outside

where window1 and window2 are sensors (Group-Equipment>Windows), showing the OpenState of the window and the rollershutters (Group-Equipment>Blinds) also showing an OpenState of the blinds.

Should it now start to rain, every window in the room which has an open window (OpenState Window) should close its corresponding rollershutter. If the window is closed, the rollershutter remains in the same position.

As far as I know, there is no possibility, to semantically model a “window” which has both attributes of OpenState, one being the Window and the other the Blinds.

I’d like to implement a very generic rule which can decide for each “window” found in the system if it has an open window and react accordingly by closing the blinds.
As I have a dozen “windows” with sensor and rollershutter combination, I’m hesitant to link the two equipments manually or use some sort of naming convention to be able to determine the linked parts.

I very much like the idea of the semantic model and the automatically created pages and would like to keep my model as lean and clean as possible.

Am I missing something, is there a way to structure my needs described above without resulting to “hacks”?