How to set/check PiFace ports for openHAB?

I tried to use the PiFace on my Raspi which I can do on command line using Python.

When I activate the PiFace binding and items I get:

2016-01-02 15:20:17.251 [ERROR] [.piface.internal.PifaceBinding] - Failed to send command (14) to 192.168.178.204:15432 (attempt 3)
java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Receive timed out
at java.net.DualStackPlainDatagramSocketImpl.socketReceiveOrPeekData(Native Method) ~[na:1.8.0_66]
at java.net.DualStackPlainDatagramSocketImpl.receive0(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_66]
at java.net.AbstractPlainDatagramSocketImpl.receive(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_66]
at java.net.DatagramSocket.receive(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_66]
at org.openhab.binding.piface.internal.PifaceBinding.sendCommand(PifaceBinding.java:298) [bundlefile:na]
at org.openhab.binding.piface.internal.PifaceBinding.sendCommand(PifaceBinding.java:268) [bundlefile:na]
at org.openhab.binding.piface.internal.PifaceBinding.sendWatchdog(PifaceBinding.java:233) [bundlefile:na]
at org.openhab.binding.piface.internal.PifaceBinding.execute(PifaceBinding.java:98) [bundlefile:na]
at org.openhab.core.binding.AbstractActiveBinding$BindingActiveService.execute(AbstractActiveBinding.java:156) [org.openhab.core_1.7.1.jar:na]
at org.openhab.core.service.AbstractActiveService$RefreshThread.run(AbstractActiveService.java:173) [org.openhab.core_1.7.1.jar:na]

So the message is quite clear, raspberry does not listen on these ports. But where do I set them or what needs to be started on raspi to establish these listeners?

br Matthias

After intensive search I found that the scripts I found and used where oudated. Accidentally I found the link on the piface binding page which points to the right files.

For anyone with the same difficulties I summarized it in a post in my blog (german only).

1 Like

Hi,
do you know if this binding works with a Piface Digital 2? Or is it required to use the first version of the PiFace Digital?
Thanks!

FYI: the binding works fine with Piface Digital 2. Successfully integrated our Ei Electronics Smoke Detectors into openHAB…