How to update to latest Zwave Database?

Ok, thank you for the confirmation.

1 Like

The database is here and, for individual devices, gives you some idea of which OH version has the latest update.

If you wish to contribute, the here is the database guide.

Yes, I think Iā€™ll give that a try.
I currently have about 30 Z-Wave devices from different manufacturers in my network (and the number is growing) and there are still a few discrepancies with one or the other.

Do you have any recommendations on how I can get deeper into this topic?

1 Like

Not sure what you mean by discrepancies. If things are not working as expected, the first thing the binding documentation suggests is collecting DEBUG logs so the system can tell you what it is seeing. The log viewer is helpful in interpreting the DEBUG logs.

Hi, sorry itā€™s taken me so long to get back to you.

On the subject of ā€œdiscrepanciesā€:
I didnā€™t mean the behavior so much as the configurations. I guess I was a little unclear about that.

The configuration of the Fibaro switches now works perfectly. My next problem is the Popp Mold Detector.
Here, too, the configuration seems to be wrong or incomplete. I would like to learn how to correct the configuration myself. I have read the ā€œZ-Wave Device Database Guideā€ page you linked and I am already registered there.

But I think I should first try to adjust the configuration locally and try it out. I have already looked at the XML files (/var/lib/openhab/zwave/ - itsā€™s openhabian), but they only seem to contain part of the configuration.

It is not yet clear to me where in the local installation, for example, the information can be found that describes whether OpenHAB displays a configuration value as a switch (Boolean) or as a value range (Integer).
Because that is one of the problems I have with the Mold Detector: Parameter 1 is displayed in OpenHAB as a switch, but is an integer value with the value range 1-100.
I find the following entry in the XML file:

<configParameters>
            <entry>
              <int>1</int>
              <configurationParameter>
                <index>1</index>
                <size>1</size>
                <value>20</value>
                <readOnly>false</readOnly>
                <writeOnly>false</writeOnly>
              </configurationParameter>
            </entry>

and this is the view in OpenHAB:

Due to the amount of information, I havenā€™t found the appropriate posts here on the forum to help me.

So specifically I have 3 questions at the moment:

1. where is the information that tells OpenHAB this is a boolean or an integer value ?
  2. where can I find the description text of the configuration parameters ?
  3. how can I change the local information and test if my changes work as I expect ?

Can you post one or two links that would help me?

The xml file you see is information from your specific device firmware. The database is part of the binding. It is possible to unpack a jar file, make changes, and pack again but most people donā€™t do they.

The database entry takes the OH XML file and tge missing pieces are added, usually from information included in the manual. Newer firmware versions sometimes add features requiring a new entry for those.

Ok, then I guess I will open a ticket in the Z-Wave database. This will give me the option (after confirmation) of editing, right?

I think Chris has to manually add that based on the ticket. I believe it is part of his SPAM mitigation.
After Editing you request review. After it is reviewed & approved it will be in the following database export.

We are here to assist, if needed.

1 Like