How to use the Fibaro Keyfob and to manage challenges around it

OK, but since you have had trouble and probably strained the battery, I would have tried with a fresh one before pursuing the matter further with Fibaro.
In any case, telling them you have inserted a fresh battery will strengthen your case should it turn out to be a HW problem.

1 Like

Several days later I can finally say it works.

I wrote to support but they more or less told me to change the battery (
surprise :wink: ) but of course I did not have one by that time.

I again reset and tried to include it several times and after some tries it finally came back into the network. Now the battery says it is on 52% (even though “above” I have written 27% 
) . The wake up time is on 0 and polling period is 1 day.

Even your triple-click settings could now be applied (=15), so I started implementing the following rule together with my son who is using the keyfob for his room.

Here is an excerpt of the rule that controls lights and the rollershutter (we used “if’s” because it is easier for my son to understand than “switch / case”):

Note that the triangle and the plus sign are pretty intuitive for using them with a rollershutter :slight_smile: and using the same button for stopping, while the shutter is moving, saves an additional stop button.

Funnily enough we are not using double clicks or triple clicks at the moment but the idea will be that double clicking the rollershutter or light would send the commands to the whole group of that room at once (hence switching off all lights or closing all shutters at once).

rule "remote"
when
    // Remote_Selection is the item that receives the id of the button
 Item Remote_Selection received update
then
     logInfo("remote","State {}", Remote_Selection.state)

if (Remote_Selection.state == 2.0) {
        if (F2_KidRoom1_Light1_F2R.state ==OFF ) {
            sendCommand(F2_KidRoom1_Light1_F2R,ON)
        } else {
            sendCommand(F2_KidRoom1_Light1_F2R,OFF)
        }
    }

// ... other lights on different buttons here

// Rollershutter DOWN or Stop
    if (Remote_Selection.state == 3.0) {

// rollershutter on 100 or 0 means that it is currently moving
       if (F2_Kidrooms1_shutter_front.state==100 || F2_Kidrooms1_shutter_front==0) {
         sendCommand(F2_Kidrooms1_shutter_front,STOP)
       } else {
         sendCommand(F2_Kidrooms1_shutter_front,DOWN)
       }
    }

// Rollershutter UP or Stop
    if (Remote_Selection.state == 4.0) {
       if (F2_Kidrooms1_shutter_front.state==100 || F2_Kidrooms1_shutter_front==0) {
         sendCommand(F2_Kidrooms1_shutter_front,STOP)
       } else {
         sendCommand(F2_Kidrooms1_shutter_front,UP)
       }
    }
end

To sum up:

Inclusion of the keyfob is a pain but once it is done it is a really cool and comparably cheap device to control many functions at once. I wished Fibaro had a similar device that could be mounted to a wall

Hello Stefan,
i had the same problem with the KeyFob.

My Solution at the end:
Change the “Scene activation for □ button” Number 9 to 15 and pull the switch “reinitialise the device” to on, save the Thing configuration and wake up the KeyFob many time (i think more then ten times) up and then the magic happens, the KeyFob can do the 1,2 and 3 times click.
With an old Battery (40%)!

Thanks @KlausGuenther, fortunately my keyfob works ever since but it is good to know the voodoo how to get it working in does not anymore.

Hi, sorry to necro this thread, but i was wondering if any of you all had been able to activate the “lock Mode” on the device. the manual states that i need to “set PROTECTION Command Class to Local Protection by Sequence” but i cannot find a way to set this in habmin or paperUI.

Any advice? @stefan.hoehn @KlausGuenther @OMR

Sorry. Never tried it. Don’t need it. All kids grown up. :slight_smile:

Sorry, neither did I and I have no experience how to do it.

Tpoic is older, but I think here is the correct place 

Now I own also a Keyfob, seems to work. I get first “results”.
I try Ole’s example from 18th Match, but I only get results for pressing, holding and release.
No twice or tripple pressings ! Never.

Is there a trick how double press correctly? I try slow, fast, 

But never get the log entry “2xClick” or “3xClick”

Did the double press works for you, with Ole’s examle rule?
As written, single press and hold is working!

My Fibaro Keymob is model: “FGKF-601 zw5 v3.2 z-wave plus”