How to use Zipato Mini Keypad RFID?

I have added Zipato Mini Keypad RFID, but now I am not sure how to use it.
Habmin shows firmware version 0.28 and “using security” is OFF, should it matter.
I run OpenHAB 2.5 on Raspberry Pi with OpenHabian.

Paper UI shows 4 channels, which I associated to the following items:

Switch MiniKeyPad_Switch "KeyPad Switch" <frontdoor> { channel="zwave:device:161058c2207:node14:switch_binary" }
Switch MiniKeyPad_Alarm "KeyPad Alarm" <alarm> { channel="zwave:device:161058c2207:node14:alarm_burglar" }
String MiniKeyPad_AlarmStr "KeyPad Alarm string" <frontdoor> { channel="zwave:device:161058c2207:node14:alarm_raw" }
Number MiniKeyPad_BattLvl "KeyPad Battery Level" <batterylevel> { channel="zwave:device:161058c2207:node14:battery-level" }

The battery level is obvious and, if I understand things correctly, the Alarm switch should activate when I open the back cover of the device.
The alarm_raw channel receives {"type":"0","value":"0"} when I press “Home” and a valid code, and {"type":"0","value":"255"} when I press “Away” and a valid code.

This leaves some questions:

1. Is there a way to detect when one enters wrong/invalid code?
  2. Is there really no confirmation to the user whether the code was accepted or not?
  3. What is the first switch (switch_binary) for? I do not see any difference when it is ON or OFF…

Actually, sometimes when the first switch is ON, then the keypad starts beeping for several seconds after I enter a code (regardless whether it was correct or not) and then stops and turns the switch OFF. I have not managed to find under what conditions this happens, though, seems random.

In addition, I would like to know whether someone managed to register some RFID tag in OpenHAB?
The tag that came with the keypad has non-nummeric ID, so according to the discussion in this thread, one needs to install other software (FHEM) to get the tag registered.
But what if one finds an RFID tag that has ID within the specs, ie. max 10 digits - will it work? And has anyone a link to a tag that works?

Thanks

Hi.

3. What is the first switch (switch_binary) for? I do not see any difference when it is ON or OFF…

I found this information in the manual:

2 | The Mini Keypad RFiD/Z-Wave receives either a Basic (or Switch Binary) on (to start the normal notification sound) or off (to silently acknowledge the code). The acknowledgement timer is stopped. Note that it is actually possible to disable notification sound, but enable acknowledgement. In this case a silent acknowledgement can be both a Basic/Switch Binary on (0xFF) or off (0x00).

However, I have tried all the combinations with the Mini Keyboard and none of them seem to work as described in the manual.

But I have another, bigger problem with this device: it can only be used with two triggers - Item received update and Item changed. However, Item received update is triggered not only when the correct code is entered, but also automatically when the device wakes up by itself and sends updates to the controller.

So there are two possible scenarios:

1. Rule triggered by the Item received update event:
    When you enter the code on this device to arm/disarm you alarm system it will work just fine. However, when you arm/disarm you alarm with openHAB GUI, this device will send an update to the controller when wakes up and will arm/disarn your system without your consent.
  2. Rule triggered by the Item changed event:
    First, arm/disarm your alarm system with openHAB GUI. Then, when you want to use Mini keypad, you will most likely have to you enter the user code twice to trigger the Item changed event. It works, but is very inconvenient.

All above problems could be solved if the device can trigger the Item received command event. However, I still don’t know how to achieve this. Can anyone advise how to use this device properly?