How to use ZRC-90US Scene Number?

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Raspberry Pi Zero W
    • Java Runtime Environment: openjdk version “1.8.0_152”
    • openHAB version: 2.2
  • Issue of the topic: How to use “Scene Number from ZRC-90US”

I have successfully bound a ZRC-90US to OpenHab. It shows up in the PaperUI as a ZRC-90 Scene master 8 button remote zwave:device:dea6c1d0:node4. It has a “Number” item linked to Item (ZWaveNode4ZRC90SceneMaster8ButtonRemote_SceneNumber) via the PaperUI. I can’t for the life of me figure out how to access the value of that number or display it in sitemaps.

For example, I have the following in a sitemap:

Text item=ZWaveNode4ZRC90SceneMaster8ButtonRemote_SceneNumber label=“number [%d]”

This always displays in the sitemap as number - I never get an actual value. The PaperUI Control section lists this value as nan (not a number)

I’ve pressed several of the scene buttons. The openhab.log shows the device leaving offline mode, but I do not see any actual events associated with the button presses. The - and nan never change either.

Similarly, I cannot get a batter level number to display from one of the door sensors I have. I think I just don’t know how to properly utilize “Number” items. Can someone shed some light?

I’m new to OpenHab, but a fairly competent Linux user. Inside of OpenHab, I have successfully configured exec rules and the GPIO binding to control a 433 Mhz transmitter. I’ve configured the MQTT binding to receive updates from my OpenWRT router and an OpenMQTTGateway running on an ESP8266. I’ve successfully bound and used a Zwave door sensor and Aeotec Dual Nano switch. I’ve successfully connected to a Zigbee lightbulb. I’ve written rules using switch states, timers, and if statements. By all that, I mean I’m not an expert, but I have figured out a fair bit of how all this works.

Try label="number [%s]" (s=string, d=integer, f=floating point)
Also make sure you are using the correct channel linked to your item: scene_number