Howto add a device to the zwave database

No, I never heard anything back from Chris and I haven’t had much time to dig into the issue myself.

It looks like this device has been added to the Zwave database @wrotebyreuben, so I’m going to update to the latest snapshot version of the binding and see how it goes.

1 Like

@chris Hey Chris
Been reading through this thread to get up to speed on how to add a device to the database since they have moved out of the zwave project. I bought (yet another) Jasco power plug (always looking for the cheapest!) that seems slightly different and is not in the database yet.

The question is, should I create a new database entry for it?
The unknown device looks similar to this
http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/719

Mine has the same manufacturer id, but a different manufacturerRef of 4450:3031, here is a screenshot from habmin:

PS I couldn’t remember the name of the database site so I googled “zwave chris” and the first hit was cd-jackson.com :rofl:

Hi Dave,
If it’s the same device name (ie model number), and has the same/similar command classes, then just add the ids to the existing device… Otherwise, create a new one.

Cheers
Chris

@chris ok it looks I will create a new one, as the model number is different. What is the proper procedure, should I submit somthing through your website or can I copy and update an existing xml from the zwave github project?

Thanks!
Dafe

Docs are here. Generally, upload the node XML that OH creates, and it will create all the endpoint/command class bumf. Then it’s just a case of adding config parameters (if there are any). If the parameters are the same as another device, we can copy them directly in the database. If there is an entry in the zwave alliance database, then we can also copy parameters from there…

Simples :wink: .

Thanks for the instructions Chris. I tried to add as new device on your site by uploading the OH2 xml, but it returned the following error:

1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '39,1,1,346)' at line 3 SQL=INSERT INTO#__zwave_endpointclasses(endpoint,commandclass,nif,nonsecure,created_by) VALUES (,39,1,1,346)

I used the following:
Device Name=Jasco 45652/ZW3102
Device Description=Jasco Energy Monitoring Lamp Dimmer
network_0184c585__node_25.xml (6.5 KB)

Let me known if you want me to open a ticket on your site.

Thanks for the help!
Dave

Seemed to work ok for me, but it referred to an exisiting entry -:

http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/753

Hi Chris

I have some older Zwave devices from INNOVUS that I can see are in the database, but I have different versions and receive unknown device.

Innovus Smartpower: Z-Wave Node 8 (0077:0001:0002:1.221)
Innovus Smartdimmer: Z-Wave Node 9 (0077:0001:0001:1.10)
Innovus SmoothRemote: Z-Wave Node 15 (0077:0002:0001:1.123)

I have read the documentation link you have provided, and as far as I understand, the current version should be updated instead of requesting a new device. Please correct me if wrong. I have looked for the “update device” on your site, but I cannot find it or misunderstand how to do this.

I only have xml files for 2 devices, none created for the remote.
node8.xml (5.9 KB)
node9.xml (5.9 KB)

I already use your binding with multiple other zwave devices, appreciate your huge effort :slight_smile:
Thanks
Anders

It looks like you hadn’t activated the account. I’ve now done this for you and also given you edit access, so you should now find additional buttons to allow you to edit the device.

Let me know if there’s any further problems…

1 Like

Thanks Chris

I didn’t receive a confirmation email to activate account. I have now logget on and updated 2 devices and requested approval.

The last 4 zwave devices added to my system have not created xml files. Not sure if I have done something incorrect or it is a matter of patience? The “smoothremote” is one of the 4.

Thanks for helping :):+1:
Anders

Are they battery devices, or mains? If they are battery powered, then the most likely reason is they need to be woken up so the binding can complete it’s interrogation phase to learn about the device. If it’s not battery powered, or you have woken it up a few times and it’s still not produced an XML, then there might be some “features” about the device that we need to work around and we might need to see a debug logfile…

I’ll do an update of the binding tomorrow to incorporate these additions.

Battery powered. Yes, can see they get added when woken up. Except the innovus remote, I’ll see what happens over time.

Thanks again

@chris Yes, I think it actually did create a new entry even thought I got the SQL error.
Do I need to provide additional info of some sort? I see these warnings at the top:

Endpoint 0 has no command class linked to the basic class.
Device supports configuration, but no parameters are defined.

I’ve just fixed the first warning (linked the dimmer to BASIC). If there are configuration parameters supported, then they should be entered into the database - you can copy them if they are the same as another device (there’s an option to copy in the menu button in the top right of the window).

Thanks Chris. I added the config parameters and attached the manual. I don’t see any warnings at the top of the screen so I think everything is in good shape:
http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/753

Hello,

I would like to add a new device : The Secure temperature & humidity sensor (SES303). I found the SES302 in the DB (http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/505#) and the manual says the two are alike, except the humidity sensor (you can look for ses 303 manual on google, it’s the first link). Is it possible to duplicate the SES302 and “patch” it to 303 ?

Or could somebody update the database please ?

Have a nice day !

After including you should find an xml file for that new node in your userdata/zwave folder, upload the xml file to the database and add the configuration parameters and the association groups, that should be it.

Thank you ! I got the xml file, but I can’t find the upload button on the device list ?

After you successfully registered on the database site you need to email the maintainer to get edit rights for the database:

http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-database-guide

To use the database you must first register on the site, then email to have your access updated or open a ticket to allow you to edit the information.

After logging in you will find the upload button: