HOWTO: Reflash MAX!Cube to CUL/CUNx and use with homegar and homematic binding

Did not see those failures since flashing.

Thank u very much!
Could u make some screenshot how it all looks (max ui) in homegear? i can not find any in internet(((

Hi @hmerk,

I wasn’t aware of this possibility to be honest, definitely good to know and I’ll read it up.

I intended to use homegear more as a connector to not have 2 different systems I need to take care of and have all the logic in one place. I also fear the homegear setup could interfere with the rules I want to have in OpenHAB (presence, heating modes). Did you encounter any such issues?

please check forum.homegear.eu as I don‘t have much time atm.
Just following our community via phone…

Associations won‘t interfere. The week schedule will be active in automatic mode, so if your rules switch the devices to manual mode, there should be no interference as well.

@hmerk, could you possibly spend two mins explaining how you created the associations between the eq-3 Windows Contact and the eq-3 thermostat ?

Thanks!

I do not own Max! devices, but you can setup associations in Homegear either with the eq3 Homematic Konfigurator if you prefer clicking or via php if you prefer scripting.

@job, aah - thought it was possible through homegear CLI. I have now installed the Homematic Konfigurator, which is german only apparently. If you are familiar with German and could tell me the steps to group three thermostats (so that one of them sets the temperature on the other two) as well as setting a Windows Sensor to set the temperature of a thermostat, I’d really appreciate it :slight_smile:

It is possible with homegears cli

homegear -e rc ‘$hg->addLink(<senderPeerId>, <senderChannel>, <receiverPeerId>, <receiverChannel>);’

Assuming your window contact is listed as ID 1 and your thermostat as ID 2, the command would look like

homegear -e rc ‘$hg->addLink(1,1,2,4);’

@hmerk, GREAT! - that seemed to work. THANKS!. How about an example of grouping thermostats in the same room, can you provide a similar example ?

@hmerk, another thing, do you know how to set the default window-open temperature ? (which is 12 always as default, but was configurable in the eq-3 software). Thanks!

Have a look at put_paramset in the homegear documentation.

1 Like

Syncing Thermostat ID 2 with Thermostat ID 3

homegear -e rc ‘$hg->addLink(2,1,3,1);’

Syncing Wall-Thermostat ID 4 with Thermostat ID 2

homegear -e rc ‘$hg->addLink(4,1,2,3);’

Window open temp Thermostat ID 2

homegear -e rc ’$hg->setValue(2, 1, "WINDOW_OPEN_TEMPERATURE", 17.0);’

@hmerk and @job - thanks - it works as it should - SO very happy to get away from the original eq-3 cube firmware and software!

How to connect 2 (or more) culf-flashed Cubes to Homegear?

I can´t find my 2nd Cube.
The 1st Cube I installed (CUNX-DG) works fine. I need 3 Cubes altogether, because radio will not be sufficient for all stories of the building (as it was with original MAX-firmware, so it´s a radio issue).

I changed /etc/homegear/families/max.conf by copy/paste another [CUNX]-Section with slightly different values.

What did I miss?

Here´s my max.conf:

#######################################
################ CUNX DG ##############

The device family this interface is for

[CUNX]

Specify an unique id here to identify this device in Homegear

id = CUNX_DG

When default is set to “true” Homegear will assign this device

to new peers.

default = true

Options: cul, cc1100, coc, cunx, hmcfglan, hmlgw

deviceType = cunx

IP address of your CUNX

host = 192.168.1.104

Port number your CUNX listens on. Normally 2323.

port = 2323

Default: responseDelay = 95

Should be “40” for CUNX

responseDelay = 40

################ CUNX OG #############

The device family this interface is for

[CUNX]

Specify an unique id here to identify this device in Homegear

id = CUNX_OG

When default is set to “true” Homegear will assign this device

to new peers.

default = false

Options: cul, cc1100, coc, cunx, hmcfglan, hmlgw

deviceType = cunx

IP address of your CUNX

host = 192.168.1.103

Port number your CUNX listens on. Normally 2323.

port = 2323

Default: responseDelay = 95

Should be “40” for CUNX

responseDelay = 40

You should ask this in the homegear forum, as it is not openHAB related issue.

Hey there!
I followed this guide and managed to flash a Max!Cube with the a-culfw version 1.26.08. When I connect it to my raspberryPi 4 (4gb) running openhabian, I get this dmesg output regarding the USB device:

[ 4471.181269] usb 1-1.4: new full-speed USB device number 7 using xhci_hcd
[ 4471.342812] usb 1-1.4: New USB device found, idVendor=03eb, idProduct=6119, bcdDevice= 1.00
[ 4471.342829] usb 1-1.4: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=1, SerialNumber=0
[ 4471.342841] usb 1-1.4: Product: AT91USBSerial1

Although I believe everything went right and the D1 flashes every second as it is supposed to be, no device is turning up in /dev. If I connect it to my Ubuntu Laptop, it says

[ 6238.596105] usb 2-2: USB disconnect, device number 23
[ 6243.167405] usb 2-2: new full-speed USB device number 24 using xhci_hcd
[ 6243.341923] usb 2-2: New USB device found, idVendor=03eb, idProduct=6119, bcdDevice= 1.00
[ 6243.341930] usb 2-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=1, SerialNumber=0
[ 6243.341933] usb 2-2: Product: AT91USBSerial1
[ 6243.350812] cdc_acm 2-2:1.0: ttyACM1: USB ACM device

So what am I doing wrong?

Greetings
Epi

Connect your Cube directly to the network and check if you can connect to it.
If you still encounter issues, you should ask at the source of the firmware, as it is out of scope of openHAB.

Hi,
I’ve got also some trouble with my Max Cube. So I’ve flashed the firmware. The Cube is reachable via Ping. I’ve installed then the homegear-max on my Raspi and adjusted the max.conf as described here. But now I’ve got trouble with the pairing. The Max shutter contact I’ve tried is not added.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Markus

Did you try pairing directly in homegear ?
If not, try it.