Hs-ms100+ events not coming through

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Raspberry Pi 3
    • Java Runtime Environment: openjdk version “1.8.0_212”
    • openHAB version: 2.5.0.M1 (Build)
  • Issue of the topic:

2 different HS-MS100+'s have been linked to openhab while motion sensor is wired to USB for power and the blue indicator blinks to show motion was detected but it doesn’t send events to openhab. I’ve tried staring at the logs and created a simple rule to try to log it but nothing happens.

Has anybody run into issues or know what settings to use? I’m not certain about the “Enable/Disable BASIC SET command” as I’m not sure what that means. Below are my current settings (and some that I’ve tried as well):

Motion Sensor Sensitivity: 8
Enable/Disable BASIC SET command: [Enable, Disable]
Value of the BASIC SET: [0, 255]
Enable/Disable shock alarm: [Send, Do not send]
Motion timeout interval: 6
Level of low battery: 40
Association Groups: Controller
Group 2: Controller
Polling Period: 10 Minutes
Command Poll Period: 1500
Wakeup Interval: [0, 10] (although “10” never seems to save)

My test rule:

rule “test motion rule”
when
Item zwave_device_831e87fd_node16_alarm_motion changed or
Item zwave_device_831e87fd_node17_alarm_motion changed
then
logInfo(“test motion”, “motion”)
end

found this and it looks related but not sure what to make of it: Homeseer MS-100+ appears to have misassigned events

bump. still having issues. i feel like i’ve read mixed “instructions” of the mappings for this device (single press, 3 presses, 5 presses, long press, 4 presses?) anyway, i think i can get it included but my 3 pack has now registered 6(?) total zwave devices and even though they are off, they keep coming back when i do a scan from openhab. i can get the blue light to turn on when there’s motion but that’s it. openhab doesn’t seem to do much. i’m pretty sure i’m past the return period and i’m kind of stuck with 3 of these. the zooz device worked right out of the box but ate up the battery pretty quick. i was hoping to power this via usb – i’ve been using usb from the start to power it in case it makes a difference.

Yes, it makes a difference: if you change the power source you have to reinclude the device.

First make your decision if you want to include it securely or not:
differences between button sequences can be found in the database “Inclusion Information”':
https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/802

Make also sure you are only setting the Lifeline group to your controller, not the other association groups.