HS3SA-Z Smart Smoke Detector shows up as HS1SA-Z

Once you have the debug file, there is a more user friendly way to analyze here

Bob

Last Saturday evening my whole z-wave network stopped working.
Probably due to multiple smoke detectors that where included and not responding.

I connected the Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5 to my Windows notebook and used the ZenSys tools to disable them.
Then, using the ZenSys tools I included the smoke detector. This time the green light blinked a lot longer.
After that, I reconnected the z-stick to OpenHab, added the devices. And now it is working.
So the problem is 100% the inclusion in OpenHab.

Two things:

1. The official policy is not to include device using the PC controller as problems could arise. I have experienced that myself (sometimes it works, sometimes not). Also if the device needs secure inclusion, it won’t work.
  2. The binding does not provide enough time for a battery device to be included and configured in one shot. Theoretically rewaking the device will get it configured, but again, sometimes there are messages that take a while to clear. I did a couple of PRs a couple of months ago that have not yet been merged. However, on my local Zwave jar these changes allow me to include and configure a battery device from the Scan, without a rewake. So, you do have a point about the inclusion.

Bob