HSBType Documentation?

Are there any docs for the HSBType usage in scripts?

I have a script that sets a random colour via HSBType::fromRGB(r, g, b) and then a send command to the Color object. But I have a couple of problems on a Fibaro RGBW with an attached RGBW LED strip.

1. The white channel is always on…
  2. If I force the Dimmer to 0 (Is that the right way to disable the White? Besides disconnecting the wire), then you can see in the paperUI the brightness doesn’t seem to track the RGB values set. In fact I can get brightness set to 0 even if I force all the 3 RGB channels to > 127 (i…e 50%).

So looking for some docs. But I can’t find any…

This post seems to cover the, uhh, tension between dimmer/color channels in zwave

The best doc to find on this is the forum.
Remind you that HSBtype and Color type item is for RGB channels only, in OH2 zwave the COLOR command is used.
The W channel on Fibaros is separate so put up another dimmer type item for that to control it.
Plus there’s an overall brightness channel. Below see all my items for an example.

I also create random colors at times using

rand = new java.util.Random
var String Zufallsfarbe = rand.nextInt(360).toString + ",99,49";

hsb = new HSBType(Zufallsfarbe)
EG_Wohnen_Decke1_RGBW.sendCommand(hsb)

Color EG_Wohnen_Decke1_RGBW "Wohnen längs Farbe"                                <color>         (EG_Wohnen,Farblichter)                 { channel="zwave:device:xxxxxxxx:node102:color_color" }
Number EG_Wohnen_Decke1_Animation "Wohnen längs Animationsprogramm"             <color>         (EG_Wohnen,Farbanimationen)             { channel="zwave:device:xxxxxxxx:node102:scene_number_param72", expire="3m,1" }
Dimmer EG_Wohnen_Decke1_RGBW_hell "Wohnen längs Helligkeit [%.0f %%]"           <hue>           (Dimmerschalter)                        { channel="zwave:device:xxxxxxxx:node102:switch_dimmer" }
Dimmer EG_Wohnen_Decke1_R "Wohnen längs Rot [%.0f %%]"                          <hue>           (Farbkanaele)                           { channel="zwave:device:xxxxxxxx:node102:switch_dimmer2" }
Dimmer EG_Wohnen_Decke1_G "Wohnen längs Grün [%.0f %%]"                         <hue>           (Farbkanaele)                           { channel="zwave:device:xxxxxxxx:node102:switch_dimmer3" }
Dimmer EG_Wohnen_Decke1_B "Wohnen längs Blau [%.0f %%]"                         <hue>           (Farbkanaele)                           { channel="zwave:device:xxxxxxxx:node102:switch_dimmer4" }
Dimmer EG_Wohnen_Decke1_W "Wohnen längs Weiß [%.0f %%]"                         <hue>           (EG_Wohnen,Farbkanaele)                 { channel="zwave:device:xxxxxxxx:node102:switch_dimmer5" }

Thanks.

I’ve been playing around with using code similar to yours. And cycling through from H=1 to H=100 (Changing once a minute).

H=1 through to H=31 are fine. No problems.
H=32 to H=38 results in no light if you start at 32… If you start a 1 and move up then 32 produces no light, 33 flickers badly…

41 is no light also… e…g

ZWaveNode005TestRGBW_Color.sendCommand(“37,100,100”)

results in the logs…

019-06-23 16:56:13.832 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item 'ZWaveNode005TestRGBW_Color' received command 37,100,100
2019-06-23 16:56:13.840 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - ZWaveNode005TestRGBW_Color predicted to become 37,100,100
2019-06-23 16:56:13.857 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - ZWaveNode005TestRGBW_Color changed from 36,100,100 to 37,100,100

But no light… nothing… There’s other various gaps where I get no light also. Or flickering… Very weird…