HSP02 not recognized?

I have several HSP02 motion sensors, all worked in 1.8.x without issue. In OH2, they show up as Unknown.

This is the line from the UI : Z-Wave Node 58 (0060:0001:0003:2.0)

Product from the DB : http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/22

And attached is the XML. node58.xml (5.5 KB)

It seems as though it should be recognized, but it’s not. Running the latest snapshot from cloudbees as of Monday night(3/6). Any ideas?

They are battery powered so you need to either wait a while (day or more) or wake them up several times to give the binding a chance to interrogate them.

Been there, done that. I’ve been running OH for a few years now. It’s not recognized, I can certainly provide more detailed zwave logs if needed. This is not a simple “device did not wake up” issue, I’ve woken them several times now. It’s the only thing(short of the Video tag not working with cameras) keeping me from switching to 2.x.

This long thread is for an unrelated device, but pretty comprehensively covers the issues, the logs, the debugs that you can expect to see / use

Maybe you noticed the error in the database?

This needs the XML loading to fix the problem - I’ve just done this using your device and I’ll update the binding with the device in the next day or so.

I did, which is sort of why I posted it. I appreciate your efforts in getting this fixed. I think I have mostly ported my setup to OH2, so this would be the 2nd to last item before I switch over.

Thanks again Chris,

I updated things, removed the zwave binding and re-added it(which I think is supposed to refresh things), and it didn’t recognize this device yet. I’m currently testing on Snapshot release, and I checked out the kar file, drilled down and I do see the Everspring device, but it just doesn’t work.

Any ideas?


Alright, so should I start looking to buy different motion sensors?

If you provide a debug log from the startup of the binding I’ll take a look.


Here is the zwave log from startup, sorry for the delay I’ve been sick. I have a single node here that is an HSP02, node 58. If I can get that one working, I’ll add in the rest of them. I did wake it up a couple of times before saving the log, so there shouldn’t be an issue with it not being complete.

Thanks for taking a look,

You are running an old binding - if you update to a newer version then I think it will work ok.

I’ve tried anything I can think of to update it. I’m running the Snapshot release repository w/ both OH2 and the addons, and have tried to remove and add the binding. It does nothing, so I’m not sure how to even do that. I’ve done everything I can find documentation on what to do.

I’m not sure, but your version is from mid Feb, while the device was added in early March, so that explains why it’s not found. Maybe whatever package you’ve installed hasn’t been updated for a few weeks.

It’s updated daily, so I’m a little surprised that it’s not updating the binding. Using the instructions here : http://docs.openhab.org/installation/linux.html

You haven’t manually installed a version in the addons folder or anything have you?

No. Nothing in the addons folder.

Ok, I would log on to Karaf console and make sure there’s nothing strange in the list of bindings - otherwise I’m out of ideas, sorry.

Okay. I might try to do a complete fresh install using the method I usually use(tar.gz) instead of this apt method.

Boy do I miss when the compile from source used to give you zip files, lol. Life was so much easier.

Thanks for your help Chris, really appreciate your time.

Alright, nothing appears to work in getting it to pull down the new version, so I’m not sure what’s broken. Also attempted to checkout the git of zwave, and that build fails as well because a few of the repositories are changed I think.

[WARNING] Failed to access p2 repository https://dl.bintray.com/openhab/p2/openhab-core/2.0.0.x, use local cache. Unable to read repository at https://dl.bintray.com/openhab/p2/openhab-core/2.0.0.x/content.xml.
[INFO] Adding repository https://dl.bintray.com/openhab/p2/openhab-deps-repo/1.0.10
[ERROR] Internal error: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to load p2 repository with ID 'p2-openhab-deps-repo' from location https://dl.bintray.com/openhab/p2/openhab-deps-repo/1.0.10: Unable to read repository at https://dl.bintray.com/openhab/p2/openhab-deps-repo/1.0.10/content.xml. Unable to make member of class sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl accessible:  module java.base does not export sun.security.ssl to unnamed module @7a1f1a57 -> [Help 1]

Going to roll back to 1.9 where things makes some sense and work for now. Thanks again!