Hue Binding flooding openhab.log with "ID segment contains invalid characters"

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fc8f5de6168> #<Tag:0x00007fc8f5de6000>

Hi there,
troubleshooting some other issues i found the hue binding flooding my events.log.
Lines like the one below appear about every 1-2 minutes … I suppose this is not normal?

Could this be related to:
https://github.com/openhab/openhab-addons/issues/9364

2021-03-01 06:56:41.281 [ERROR] [y.upnp.internal.UpnpDiscoveryService] - Participant ‘org.openhab.binding.hue.internal.discovery.HueBridgeDiscoveryParticipant’ threw an exception
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: ID segment ‘24:A8:17:0C:’ contains invalid characters. Each segment of the ID must match the pattern [\w-]*.
at org.openhab.core.common.AbstractUID.validateSegment(AbstractUID.java:98) ~[bundleFile:?]
at org.openhab.core.common.AbstractUID.(AbstractUID.java:76) ~[bundleFile:?]
at org.openhab.core.common.AbstractUID.(AbstractUID.java:59) ~[bundleFile:?]
at org.openhab.core.thing.UID.(UID.java:57) ~[bundleFile:?]
at org.openhab.core.thing.ThingUID.(ThingUID.java:47) ~[bundleFile:?]
at org.openhab.binding.hue.internal.discovery.HueBridgeDiscoveryParticipant.getThingUID(HueBridgeDiscoveryParticipant.java:80) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.core.config.discovery.upnp.internal.UpnpDiscoveryService.remoteDeviceRemoved(UpnpDiscoveryService.java:172) [bundleFile:?]
at org.jupnp.registry.RemoteItems$4.run(RemoteItems.java:234) [bundleFile:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834) [?:?]

Are you using the hue binding with a hue bridge ?

Was there an update of your hue bridge that could explain why suddenly it provides different data ?

My change you linked is certainly not the cause of your problem.
The problem is a lack of data check provided by the hue bridge, certainly because it was not planed that the hue bridge changed that. But one time again, are you really using a hue bridge ?

Looks like you are also using (or have installed) Hue Emulation which is causing the problem with the Hue binding.

This issue is fixed in the 3.1 snapshot/milestone, but in the advanced settings for Hue Emulation you will need to delete “Unique Bridge ID” and restart OH for the problem to go away. After doing this you will have to repair the Hue Emulation.

Hi,
i did have Hue Emulation enabled and was intending to use it in future. (because my alarm clock can link with hue devices but not directly with openhab or node-red :slight_smile: )
Thanks for your help and the fix for the future version.
I’ll have a look at the log files later but i suspect uninstalling the hue emulation will do the trick for now.