Hue binding generate ERROR message

I have a problem with the hue binding after I’ve updated to OH3. This ERROR shows the log-file:

2021-04-22 17:23:57.355 [ERROR] [y.upnp.internal.UpnpDiscoveryService] - Participant ‘org.openhab.binding.hue.internal.discovery.HueBridgeDiscoveryParticipant’ threw an exception
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: ID segment ‘89:C3:E7:6E:’ contains invalid characters. Each segment of the ID must match the pattern [\w-]*.
at org.openhab.core.common.AbstractUID.validateSegment(AbstractUID.java:98) ~[bundleFile:?]
at org.openhab.core.common.AbstractUID.(AbstractUID.java:76) ~[bundleFile:?]
at org.openhab.core.common.AbstractUID.(AbstractUID.java:59) ~[bundleFile:?]
at org.openhab.core.thing.UID.(UID.java:57) ~[bundleFile:?]
at org.openhab.core.thing.ThingUID.(ThingUID.java:47) ~[bundleFile:?]
at org.openhab.binding.hue.internal.discovery.HueBridgeDiscoveryParticipant.getThingUID(HueBridgeDiscoveryParticipant.java:80) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.binding.hue.internal.discovery.HueBridgeDiscoveryParticipant.createResult(HueBridgeDiscoveryParticipant.java:54) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.core.config.discovery.upnp.internal.UpnpDiscoveryService.remoteDeviceAdded(UpnpDiscoveryService.java:158) [bundleFile:?]
at org.jupnp.registry.RemoteItems$1.run(RemoteItems.java:114) [bundleFile:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834) [?:?]

Have anybody the same problem? In OH2 it works fine.
What does the “contains invalid characters” in the ERROR message mean?

I hope someone can help me.

Like this?

1 Like

Yes, I think it’s the same. So I’ll waiting for OH 3.1!
Many thanks and stay healthy!

Did you ever find a resolution to this issue, or hear back from support? my sync box has worked great since day 1(a couple months ago), and now has this issue as of today. this is the first time i’ve used the sync box since the last update a week ago, so maybe that borked something.

In the answer from rossko57 you find a link to the solution in OH3.1. I don’t use Hue emulation, so I can wait.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.