Hue Bridge Pairing not working

Hi,
i’m relatively new to openHab. I’m trying to get my Hue Bridge to work with my openHAB instance. openHAB is running on a fresh install of debian 8.

I follow the instruction in the openHAB wiki. The bridge seems to pair successfully. After the pairing i’m able to control my lights. But when i restart the openHAB process on the server or the server itself, i’ve got to pair the bridge again.

I already changed the secret in the openhab.cfg

openhab.cfg
hue:ip=192.168.10.15
# hue:secret=openHABRuntime
hue:secret=xyzxyzxyzxyz
hue:refresh=10000

openhab.log
2015-11-16 21:27:27.234 [INFO ] [.h.internal.hardware.HueBridge] - Hue bridge not paired.
2015-11-16 21:27:27.237 [INFO ] [.h.internal.hardware.HueBridge] - Please press the connect button on the Hue bridge. Waiting for pairing for 100 seconds…
2015-11-16 21:27:27.241 [INFO ] [.service.AbstractActiveService] - Hue Refresh Service has been started
2015-11-16 21:27:28.272 [INFO ] [.h.internal.hardware.HueBridge] - Please press the connect button on the Hue bridge. Waiting for pairing for 99 seconds…

2015-11-16 21:27:42.329 [INFO ] [.h.internal.hardware.HueBridge] - Please press the connect button on the Hue bridge. Waiting for pairing for 85 seconds…
2015-11-16 21:27:42.333 [INFO ] [.h.internal.hardware.HueBridge] - Hue bridge successfully paired!

Any ideas what i should try?

Hi Andreas

First thought: ignore it.

Second thought: ignore it. Simply try to control the lights and see if it works (it should). Most likely the bridge is paired and the message only comes during a problem in the binding. As far as I’ve understood, the binding checks whether the response of the pairing request contains the word “error” and the actual answer contains “no error” which makes the check a bit problematic :wink: There are topics here desribing the problem as a lot of people (including myself) had this problem…

Hope that helps

Regards
Dieter

Hi, which version of openHAB and the hue addon are you using?
The issue @DieterL ist describing is fixed in the hue addon 1.8.0 nightly build since some weeks, so if you are using the 1.7.0 you might want to try the nightly one. However, as @DieterL mentioned, if it is working fine you can also ignore the error log.