HUe configuration

I promise I’ve read every post regarding how to configure hue in OH2 but I’ve been unable to solve it.

Very easy setup. Clean OH2 installation. Installed Hue Binding. It detects My bridge, and two lamps. Everything Online in paperUi.

At the console, typing the “things” command I get this:
hue:0100:b827ebab62ce:1 (Type=Thing, Status=ONLINE, Label=Prueba, Bridge=hue:bridge:b827ebab62ce)
hue:0100:b827ebab62ce:2 (Type=Thing, Status=ONLINE, Label=Terraza, Bridge=hue:bridge:b827ebab62ce)
hue:bridge:b827ebab62ce (Type=Bridge, Status=ONLINE, Label=Hue_Bridge, Bridge=null)

in hue.items I have this:
Switch Desk {channel=“hue:0100:b827ebab62ce:1”}

and in my sitemap I have this:

sitemap Cerce label=“Cerce” {
Switch item=Desk
}

If i go to basic interface an switch on “Desk” in the console I get this error:

19:56:11.978 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Desk changed from OFF to ON
19:56:11.980 [WARN ] [ome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager] - Cannot delegate update ‘ON’ for item ‘Desk’ to handler for channel ‘hue:0100:b827ebab62ce:1’, because no thing with the UID ‘hue:0100:b827ebab62ce’ could be found.

what am I doing wrong??

Thank you very much.
Chano

Take a look at the item definition:

http://docs.openhab.org/addons/bindings/hue/readme.html

Switch Desk {channel="hue:0100:b827ebab62ce:1"} must be something like

Switch Desk {channel="hue:0100:b827ebab62ce:bulb1:color"} for the color channel and so on for the other channels

The “bulb1” comes from the thing definition

Bridge hue:bridge:b827ebab62ce[ ipAddress="192.168.X.XX", userName="yxyxyxyxyxyxyxyxyxyxyx" ] {
	0100 bulb1 [ lightId="1" ]
}

assuming that bulb has id “1” on your system (check in your hue app)

But, I don’t have the thing definition file?? providing that I’m using OH2 those definitions are in the OH2 internal database, aren’t they? .

Re-reading my Own post I’ve noticed that the error says “no thing with the UID ‘hue:0100:b827ebab62ce’ could be found” without adding the last :1. So I’ve tried to change my item definition to:.

Switch  Desk    {channel="hue:bridge:b827ebab62ce:Terraza"}

Now, in the console output I get no errors, but the light doesn’t turn on… :weary:

Here is a screenshot of my “things” in PaperUI

Any clue??

I keep testing…

Try
Switch Desk {channel="hue:0100:b827ebab62ce:1:color"}

The point @sihui is making is that an Item must be linked to a Channel. You linked your Item to a Thing.

color is a Channel on your Hue Bulb Thing.

1 Like

THANK YOU, I have to re-study the concepts in OH2 so I don’t fall again in this error!! but with @sihui line and @danielwalters86 explanation now it works!!

Thank you everybody
Chano