[SOLVED] Hue Emulation 2.5.0 - Echo does not find a thermostat

Hi all,

I am new to OH and am working with OH2.5 since 7 days.
Now I am experiencing a problem with the Hue Emulation Add-on and struggling for the last 7 hours with it …

Few days ago I have successfully binded my “COMET DECT Thermostats” and was also able to find and control them in the Alexa app. Everything worked fine (in my test system on Windows).
Now I have installed Openhabian 2.5.0-1 on my RPI3 and since then:

- I am not able to find the thermostats anymore
- The “Switchable” items are discovered as "light bulbs"

Note: I am running on Port 80 since I wasn’t able to discover anything with 8080

I have tagged my items with [“Switchable”] and [“TargetTemperature”] but only the “Switchable” items are discovered by my Amazon Echo Dot (as a light bulb!).

Number Alexa_wz_heizung_SetTemperature "Wohnzimmer Heizung [%.1f %unit%]" [ "TargetTemperature" ] { channel="avmfritz:Comet_DECT:1:119610712288:set_temp" }
Switch  Alexa_bosesoundtouch300_Power "Fernseher" [ "Switchable" ] { channel="bosesoundtouch:300:2C6B7D4B6BB0:power" }

I have also tried to

• do the discovery via App and the Alexa web interface
  • delete all devices in the Alexa web interface

This is what I see at http://192.168.178.52:8080/api/status

1 published lights (see http://192.168.178.52:8080/api/testuser/lights)
16 published sensors (see http://192.168.178.52:8080/api/testuser/sensors)
URL	Responds?	Ours?
http://192.168.178.52:8080/description.xml	yes	yes
http://192.168.178.52/description.xml	no	no

This is the “16 published sensor list”

{"10":{"name":"White","type":"CLIPGenericStatus","modelid":"openHAB_Dimmer","manufacturername":"openHab","swversion":"1.0","config":{},"uniqueid":"sz_led_down_white","state":{"status":0}},"11":{"name":"Color","type":"CLIPLightLevel","modelid":"openHAB_Color","manufacturername":"openHab","swversion":"1.0","config":{},"uniqueid":"sz_led_down_color","state":{"lightlevel":100,"dark":false,"daylight":false}},"12":{"name":"Wohnzimmer Stehleuchte","type":"CLIPGenericFlag","modelid":"openHAB_Switch","manufacturername":"openHab","swversion":"1.0","config":{},"uniqueid":"wz_plug_stehleuchte","state":{"open":false}},"13":{"name":"Wohnzimmer Stehleuchte Watt","type":"CLIPLightLevel","modelid":"openHAB_Number","manufacturername":"openHab","swversion":"1.0","config":{},"uniqueid":"wz_plug_stehleuchte_watt","state":{"lightlevel":19,"dark":false,"daylight":false}},"15":{"name":"Power","type":"CLIPGenericFlag","modelid":"openHAB_Switch","manufacturername":"openHab","swversion":"1.0","config":{},"uniqueid":"bosesoundtouch300_Power","state":{"flag":false}},"16":{"name":"Volume","type":"CLIPGenericStatus","modelid":"openHAB_Dimmer","manufacturername":"openHab","swversion":"1.0","config":{},"uniqueid":"bosesoundtouch300_Volume","state":{"status":10}},"17":{"name":"Mute","type":"CLIPGenericFlag","modelid":"openHAB_Switch","manufacturername":"openHab","swversion":"1.0","config":{},"uniqueid":"bosesoundtouch300_Mute","state":{"open":false}},"20":{"name":"Fernseher","type":"CLIPGenericFlag","modelid":"openHAB_Switch","manufacturername":"openHab","swversion":"1.0","config":{},"uniqueid":"Alexa_bosesoundtouch300_Power","state":{"flag":false}},"21":{"name":"Flag","type":"CLIPGenericFlag","modelid":"openHAB_Switch","manufacturername":"openHab","swversion":"1.0","config":{},"uniqueid":"Fernseher_Flag","state":{"open":false}},"3":{"name":"Wohnzimmer Heizung","type":"CLIPLightLevel","modelid":"openHAB_Number","manufacturername":"openHab","swversion":"1.0","config":{},"uniqueid":"Alexa_wz_heizung_SetTemperature","state":{"lightlevel":13,"dark":false,"daylight":false}},"4":{"name":"Küchen Heizung","type":"CLIPLightLevel","modelid":"openHAB_Number","manufacturername":"openHab","swversion":"1.0","config":{},"uniqueid":"Alexa_kue_heizung_SetTemperature","state":{"lightlevel":13,"dark":false,"daylight":false}},"5":{"name":"Wintergarten Heizung","type":"CLIPLightLevel","modelid":"openHAB_Number","manufacturername":"openHab","swversion":"1.0","config":{},"uniqueid":"Alexa_wiga_heizung_SetTemperature","state":{"lightlevel":6,"dark":false,"daylight":false}},"6":{"name":"Power","type":"CLIPGenericFlag","modelid":"openHAB_Switch","manufacturername":"openHab","swversion":"1.0","config":{},"uniqueid":"sz_led_up_power","state":{"open":false}},"7":{"name":"White","type":"CLIPGenericStatus","modelid":"openHAB_Dimmer","manufacturername":"openHab","swversion":"1.0","config":{},"uniqueid":"sz_led_up_white","state":{"status":0}},"8":{"name":"Color","type":"CLIPLightLevel","modelid":"openHAB_Color","manufacturername":"openHab","swversion":"1.0","config":{},"uniqueid":"sz_led_up_color","state":{"lightlevel":60,"dark":false,"daylight":false}},"9":{"name":"Power","type":"CLIPGenericFlag","modelid":"openHAB_Switch","manufacturername":"openHab","swversion":"1.0","config":{},"uniqueid":"sz_led_down_power","state":{"flag":false}}}

Btw:

-> Why the heck is every item listed in the “published sensors” list? For example “sz_led_down_power” is a normal item without alexa tags.

Switch sz_led_down_power "Power" {channel="wifiled:wifiled:c9949738:power"}

Can anyone tell me how to solve the main problems?..

- I am not able to find the thermostats anymore
- The “Switchable” items are discovered as “light bulbs”

Thank you very much!
Andreas

Have you tried removing everything from OH and Alexa app then restart OH and rediscover all devices?

I will give it another try.

What I am also weird about is:
I cannot find a single word about the „TargetTemperature“ tag in the official hue emulation doc, but it is mentioned in many tutorials.

Is there a reason for that? How can a hue emulate a thermostat if there is no thermostat available from philips hue?

Hi all,

may it be that there is no thermostat control available anymore via HueEmulation?

I have absolutely no chance to discover items which are tagged as “TargetTemperature”

Okay I have found the problem…
For those who have similiar problems:

There has to be a group with the tag “Thermostat” and also the two items for set temperature and current temperature (see items file).
It won’t work without the group and this is what my problem was…

Group gDownstairsThermostat "Wohnzimmer Heizung" [ "Thermostat" ]

Number DownstairsThermostatCurrentTemp "Wohnzimmer Heizung Current Temperature" (gDownstairsThermostat) [ "CurrentTemperature" ] { channel="avmfritz:Comet_DECT:192_168_178_1:119610712288:temperature" }

Number DownstairsThermostatTargetTemperature "Wohnzimmer Heizung Target Temperature" (gDownstairsThermostat) [ "TargetTemperature" ] { channel="avmfritz:Comet_DECT:192_168_178_1:119610712288:set_temp" }