Hue Emulation | Alexa | Multiple Requests

I have been experiencing an issue for the last couple of months where most requests to Alexa must be given multiple times before they are successful.

For example, I say - “Alexa Turn on the kitchen lights” and she will respond with “Kitchen Lights aren’t responding, please check your network connection and try again”…if I speak the same command " Alexa Turn on the kitchen lights"…I may be greeted with an “OK” and the kitchen lights come on or I’ll get another “Kitchen lights aren’t responding…Please check your network connection and try again”.

There does not seem to be a routine to this…sometimes it will work on the first attempt…most times it takes 2 or 3 attempts to get her to issue the command. This behavior started a couple of months ago after a really long period of no issues.

The devices are all online and if I go to the alexa portal (alexa.amazon.com) I am able to control all of the devices without issue.

I have port forwarding enabled to push everything to port 80.

I am running on OH 2.5.2 and ran on this version for awhile with no issues.

I do not see anything in the OH or event logs.

Is there somewhere else I can look for diagnostic informaiton?

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Squid :squid:

@KidSquid I have been having her misbehave recently also. 95% of the time she works even if she tell me that something was not responding. But a second command also works when she doesn’t do it. I am on 2.5.9.

Just wanted to say it’s not just you.

I do wish we had a solution, but I have tolerance as she works 95% of the time.

It’s frustrating - it seems like every request takes three times

Alexa, turn on the kitchen - “Kitchen isn’t responding please check it’s network connection and try again”

Alexa, turn on the kitchen - “Kitchen isn’t responding please check it’s network connection and try again”

Alexa, turn on the kitchen - “OK’

1 Like