[SOLVED] [HUE] Paper UI added Hue motion sensor without light sensor

Hi,

I have added my Hue bridge with the Paper UI Inbox and the motion sensor, too.

I can read the presence and battery for example, but the light sensor does not appear in the sensor “thing”.

Is it not supported and can i add it manually in the things file, even if I added the sensor initially with the UI?

Thanks for hints and tipps!

And yes, i have read the " HowTo: Use Philips Hue sensors (Motion Sensor / Dimmer Switch)" thread already. :wink:
And he also says, that " Fair warning The Hue binding now supports sensor integration. This tutorial is deprecated.". So i thought, that the binding should deliver the illuminance, too.

If I remember correctly the support was added recently, so you need to upgrade the hue binding to the latest.

Hi,
i think i have the latest stable version?

Repository Version

openhab-distro : 2.4.0
smarthome : 0.10.0.oh240
openhab-core : 2.4.0
openhab1-addons : 1.13.0
openhab2-addons : 2.4.0
karaf : 4.2.1

Do i understand it right? The Bindings get auto updated with the OH Version?
Or can i manually update bindings?

Sorry, I should have been more precise: you may need the latest hue snapshot binding (or the one from the milestone)

Sure: delete the binding in PaperUI, download the hue binding snapshot jar, put it in your addons folder.
You may need to restart openHAB or even clear tmp and cache folders to make it work.
Also you may need to manually install esh-io-transport-upnp:

1 Like

Hi,
That works!
But i had to delete the old hue bridge thing, too and re-add it from inbox.

Now i have all sensors.

Great! Thank you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, forget to mention this: if the channels for any bindings change, you have to delete the thing and readd it again to pick up the changes.

Hi ,
I have a problem with the motion sensor, too. I first use the 2.4 hue binding (Openhab is 2.4) and saw all relevant things (light sensor as well). Temperatur and Motion are working correct but the light sensor give me always 0 as light level. I checked it under the web interface: http://bridge IP/api/UserName/sensors.
When I saw this thread I tried it out and deinstalled the binding and installed 2.5 snapshot, removed bridge and added it as thing again. But the light level is still 0. I have two Motion sensors but both show the same behavior. Im very thankful for any hint.

regards
Stephen

Hi,
i made it in this sequence:
0. Installed the Kodi binding, because of the needed “esh-io-transport-upnp”, what is included in kodi binding.

1. Deleted all Hue items (sensors and bridge) in PaperUI
  2. Stopped openhab (sudo /bin/systemctl stop openhab2.service)
  3. Deleted the content of the two cache folders.
    (/var/lib/openhab2/cache and /var/lib/openhab2/tmp)
  4. Placed hue bidning 2.5 jar in addons folder
  5. restarted whole server
  6. Re added bridge and sensors etc. from Inbox as things again.
1 Like

Hi Sebastian,
Thank you for your answer and sorry for my late answer. I followed your description and was disappointed that it doesn’t work, first. But a day later one light sensor works and some days later the second sensor works, as well. This delays are a bit strange but it works now, thank you for your help.