Hue slow/delay after 3.4.0 update

I also tried changing the timing-settings for polling from the bridge, but I couldn’t see any differences.

My issue was a bit different, but moving several switches and lights from the bridge that had about the maximum number of devices to the second bridge that had only a few devices solved my issue of missed key presses completely.

After upgrade to 3.4.1 my system is running smooth for a few days now.
Will keep track and report here. If everything runs smooth til end of the month I will close th GH issue.

Update: Still working fine 2 days later. Lets see where we get end of the week

Seems like 3.4.1 magically fixed the issue.

Not for me! Anyone else still seeing very slow hue responses?

I also have slow responses and I run on 3.4.1.
It started when I updated from 3.2.0 to 3.4.1

Yes … After a restart, the delay ist back.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to troubleshoot / fix? Happy to help but not really sure where to start. It’s quite a big deal for me as I have numerous motion sensors that trigger lights and none of this is working currently

Some of you having a V2 bridge might want to try a new version:

This would not help finding the root cause for this problem, but serves two other purposes:

1. Helps testing the new version.
  2. Could possibly solve your problem, since it works quite differently.
2 Likes

Did anybody find a solution for the slow behaviour?
I recognized slow updates from the Hue motion sensors out of a sudden.
I was using the Hue binding successfully for a long time and didn’t touch anything of my OpenHAB v3.4.1. Maybe this is related to automatic updates of the Philips Hue Bridge itself, which were done during May.
Updating to OpenHAB v3.4.4 did not help.
It’s definitely an issues with OpenHAB/Hue binding, because I see other apps (like Apple HomeKit) and the native Philips Hue App reporting quickly about movings via the Hue motion sensors. Only OpenHAB needs up to about 1 minute to report about changes. Checked via events.log file.

Unfortunately the recommended new version of the Hue binding with API v2 support does not work with my OpenHAB installation - opened different thread for this.

Any help / ideas appreciated :slight_smile:

I am using Openhab 3.4.4 and Hue motion sensor and it works fine but I am using zigbe2mqtt.
I haven’t had any issues regarding slow response.