HueBridge Exception every 10 second

Since yesterday all “of a sudden” I get an **Huebridge exception **from the binding every 10 seconds.

The only thing that “happened” was that I had installed the Rest UI (I am not sure whether it was directly related) but even after uninstalling the exception still appears.

Note

  • All Hue devices do work fine
  • I did try to press the pairing button on the bridge as mentioned in some github issues but that did not fix the problem.
  • I restarted openhab but the problem stays.
  • I am on openhab 2.4. The hue binding is 2.4.0.SNAPSHOT

Any idea what to do next as it clutters my logs very much (and I am not sure if it has any other side effect)

TIA
Stefan

2018-08-15 07:45:12.133 [ERROR] [binding.hue.handler.HueBridgeHandler] - An unexpected error occurred: com.google.gson.annotations.SerializedName.alternate()[Ljava/lang/String;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.google.gson.annotations.SerializedName.alternate()[Ljava/lang/String;
at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.getFieldNames(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:79) ~[16:com.google.gson:2.7.0]
at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.getBoundFields(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:159) ~[16:com.google.gson:2.7.0]
at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.create(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:100) ~[16:com.google.gson:2.7.0]
at com.google.gson.Gson.getAdapter(Gson.java:423) ~[16:com.google.gson:2.7.0]
at com.google.gson.internal.bind.MapTypeAdapterFactory.create(MapTypeAdapterFactory.java:126) ~[16:com.google.gson:2.7.0]
at com.google.gson.Gson.getAdapter(Gson.java:423) ~[16:com.google.gson:2.7.0]
at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.createBoundField(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:115) ~[16:com.google.gson:2.7.0]
at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.getBoundFields(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:164) ~[16:com.google.gson:2.7.0]
at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.create(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:100) ~[16:com.google.gson:2.7.0]
at com.google.gson.Gson.getAdapter(Gson.java:423) ~[16:com.google.gson:2.7.0]
at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.createBoundField(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:115) ~[16:com.google.gson:2.7.0]
at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.getBoundFields(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:164) ~[16:com.google.gson:2.7.0]
at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.create(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:100) ~[16:com.google.gson:2.7.0]
at com.google.gson.Gson.getAdapter(Gson.java:423) ~[16:com.google.gson:2.7.0]
at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:886) ~[16:com.google.gson:2.7.0]
at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:852) ~[16:com.google.gson:2.7.0]
at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:801) ~[16:com.google.gson:2.7.0]
at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:773) ~[16:com.google.gson:2.7.0]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.hue.internal.HueBridge.getFullConfig(HueBridge.java:842) ~[203:org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.hue:0.10.0.201806141343]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.hue.handler.HueBridgeHandler$1.run(HueBridgeHandler.java:107) [203:org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.hue:0.10.0.201806141343]
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

The problem even was worse than I thought!

  • the whole zwave network did not work anymore
  • Commands were sent but had no effect on any of the devices.
  • no exception was shown, though the debug log said something like “Senddataabort”.
  • I tried to heal the network and I again got the above error “MethodNotFound”.

Basically this means that the same library seems to be loaded with a wrong version and hence provides a wrong or even in this case wrong API (with a missing method).

I finally “solved” myself after many hours. Cleaning the cache (openhab-console clean-cache) solved the problem. The only explanation I have is that through installing the json extension I got an inconsistent com.google.json lib and it had stayed there even after uninstalling it.

Hope that helps anybody who runs into a similar problem in the future.

1 Like