Hello dear Openhab Community,
I need help with the configuration or the plans for my heating control. I currently have 11 Eurotronic Spirit (Zwave) installed on my radiators. These are set to the respective temperature at different times using simple rules. Now I have come across several interesting posts here in the forum (Timeline picker to setup heating, light and so on, https: // Yet another Heating Setup) which in principle (with a few small deviations) completely correspond to my ideas. Due to the large number of requests I have, as a beginner I have absolutely no idea how and with what best to start. I’m not even sure if my plan can be realized at all.
To my ideas:
- The heating control should have an automatic mode, in which all radiators, as the name suggests, are automatically controlled and have a manual mode in the event that something changes spontaneously (home office) and you want to change the heating plan for a day. This manual mode must of course overwrite the automatic mode for this day and reset by a rule at night or switch back to the automatic mode.
- I would like to be able to select or set 3 states via the timeline. That would be “night”, “absent” and “heating”
- I would like to be able to set the radiators with different temperatures for these 3 “states”.
“Heating” on Monday: 5-8 am. During this time, the bathroom, kitchen, living room and dining room should be heated to a temperature of 21 ° C. The bedroom and study, however, only 18 ° C
- It should be possible to select different heating modes (normal, vacation, absent and off-summer mode). A separate timeline should run behind each heating mode.
Can you tell me whether my ideas could even be implemented? And don’t get me wrong, nobody should create a complete heating plan for me here. I definitely want to learn something and, above all, understand the background. So far I have been able to implement all of my wishes through Howtos from various forums, possibly in a modified form. But now I’ve come to a point where I can’t get any further. As I have never done anything like this before, as a beginner I don’t know where to start and how to proceed in a structured manner to reach the goal.
So I ask you for help.
At the end I wanted to mention that the timeline from the post (Timeline picker to setup heating, light and so on) goes so far with me is working. I am currently switching a few lamps on the timeline for testing purposes.
- Platform information:
- Hardware: CPUArchitecture/RAM/storage
- OS: what OS is used and which version
- Java Runtime Environment: which java platform is used and what version
- openHAB version:
- Issue of the topic: please be detailed explaining your issue
- Please post configurations (if applicable):
- Items configuration related to the issue
- Sitemap configuration related to the issue
- Rules code related to the issue
- Services configuration related to the issue
- If logs where generated please post these here using code fences: