iCalender Next Event is Undef

System: OpenHab 3.0.1, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i3, Java 11

Hi all,
i have a Problem with the iCalender Binding.
I have implemented it as described, connected to a Google Calendar.
Straight after setup the next 2 Events are shown as UNDEF. After some Hours, wenn the Next Event was actual, the next 2 Events are displayed as expected.
After some days, suddenly the first Event is displayed as UNDEF again, UNDEF for Time and Title.
The second Event is displayed correct.

In my Habpanel it looks like this
ical-habpanel
The habpanel is not the “Problem” i look after, because in the Items

all Points or Channels for the first Event also displayed as UNDEF.

In the Eventlog if found the following entry:

2021-05-28 23:30:33.722 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'icalendar:calendar:Kalender' changed from ONLINE to UNINITIALIZED
2021-05-28 23:30:33.732 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'icalendar:calendar:Kalender' changed from UNINITIALIZED to UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_MISSING_ERROR)

How counld i fix that? Strange thing is, the second Event is correct…

Thank you!

I’m not sure where your issue is. If there was no event at 2021-06-01 at the time of the screenshot and the Biomüll was the next, the binding behaves as expected.

The handler missing error seems to be a different issue which is openHAB core related - i can’t say why this happens. If it happens, i would expect strange behaviour.

Hi Michael,
thank you for your answer.
With openHab 2.5 i was using the CalDav Binding. This Binding behaves as i expected. If there is no Event for today, the next 2 or up to 5 Events are displayed, doesnt matter how far away they are.
I was expecting the same thing from iCalender Binding. In my Opinion it should just show the next 2 Events. If there is no Event for today it should not be undefind, it should show the next 2 Events.

Displaying UNDEF could not be the right behavior for all OpenHab Users…
But maybe i am wrong…

Sorry, iCalendar-binding is not caldav and is neither intended to replace it nor to replicate its behaviour. It works differently. Please RTFM exactly. Also there is a tutorial how to solve different use cases here in the discourse. Please tag future topics correctly.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.