iCloud Binding - DeviceID

Now grep the logs for that token and you will find the associated ID.

@PeterP
In case you have not found the Device ID yet. Go to the Paper UI. Press Configuration->Things->“Your iCloud Device”. You will now see a blue pen icon. Press that and you will find the Device ID under the Configuration Parameters.

Good luck

Hi there!
I want to use this binding as well but i got a few concerns.
I got it all set up and working but i recognize a huge battery drain on my devices.
Normally my iPhone ia at around 60 - 70 % in the evening but now it’s at 5 % …
The update interval is set to 5 minutes.
If i change it to 10 or 30 minutes in my textual configuration-file the binding does not work anymore.
Is the max number 9 minutes?

Does anyone else have this issue or maybe a solution?

Greetings

Jonas

having some issue please help

steps i am using please corect me

1. add to things file
    Bridge icloud:account:GadIOS [appleId=“sadgdysp@gmal.com”, password=“blabla”, refreshTimeInMinutes=9]
    {
    Thing device Gad_Iphone “BatmenVsGod” [deviceId=“dont have it yet right?|”]
    }
  2. add items
    Group “iPhone” iCloud_Group

String iPhone_BatteryStatus “Battery Status [%s %%]” (iCloud_Group) {channel=“icloud:device:GadIOS:Gad_Iphone:batteryStatus”}

1. when i try to take Device ID from Paper UI i am not able to see full config
    but the device is online

i can see only ,Name and Location

1. i am getting this logging erros

23:35:24.295 [ERROR] [home.core.thing.binding.ThingFactory] - Thing factory (class org.openhab.binding.icloud.internal.ICloudHandlerFactory) returned null on create thing when it reports to support the thing type (icloud:device).
23:35:24.296 [WARN ] [g.discovery.internal.PersistentInbox] - Cannot create thing. No binding found that supports creating a thing of type icloud:device.

1. when i try to add from paper UI inbox i am getting 409 confilct

2. after a while of playing i also got this

at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convert(TreeUnmarshaller.java:79)[95:org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml:0.9.0.201707190720]
     at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.java:65)[95:org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml:0.9.0.201707190720]
     at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:66)[95:org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml:0.9.0.201707190720]
     at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:50)[95:org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml:0.9.0.201707190720]
     at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.xml.internal.AbstractDescriptionTypeConverter.unmarshal(AbstractDescriptionTypeConverter.java:185)

One question about iCloud (I could not find the answer yet).

If I login into my web based iCloud account at icloud.com, I can see al my friends in “Find my Friends” App.
Is this information also (theoretically) retrievable with the binding?
I did not find any other Things yet, beside the Family member associated with my icloud account.

No one?

I have the same problem, has someone been able to solve it?

Did anyone managed to create multiple accounts ?

Because functions in Binding are more (Status, Find my Phone, etc.) I think not the service friends from apple is used, the service is used by binding will be “find my phone”. And there you can only see family and own devices.

O’m no developer, but think icloud-friends would be a very different binding, not sure if apple got an API for it.

Thanks, Jens.
You are possibly right.
Maybe there will be something in the future…