iCloud device data integration in openHAB

I am not sure if I have described my use case well enough.

In the new app (where is since ios13) I have friends who allow me to track them (or better: their phone). I would like to get this information into OH.
I can do this with my family members and I can see my friends‘ (phones) in iCloud as well.

So I guess there Must be an option to get my friends position from iCloud as well !?

I know what you mean and i would like to have this feature aswell :slight_smile:

I´m not sure if the iCloud binding is still maintained.
The last real changes in Github are 7 month old.

I hope that it will be maintained.
However, I would be happy to get this function through a script as well.

Maybe @patrik_gfeller has something on his roadmap? :wink:

What makes you think it is not maintained? If there are no bugs reported on github or there are no feature request, there is no need for code changes. I just can say that the binding is working for me without any issues,

Because we still have the yearly struggle because of an hardcoded certificate.
The issue comes once a year and we‘ve to see how to resolve it.

Yes, it‘s currently working. Let‘s see for how long.

I assume that it’s not currently possible to make changes to the bridge settings during runtime? Specifically, I’m looking to be able to adjust the account’s refresh interval via rules. Am I correct that it would not be possible with the current binding? And, would it be possible to modify the binding to allow this feature? I assume that would mean exposing a refreshInterval channel for the account “thing”.

What I would like to be able to do is to have dynamic polling based on distance from home. So the polling interval can be longer when further away (10 minutes or more), and much shorter when closer (10 seconds when very close).

With my OH1 installation, I was doing this via a python script and it allowed me to quickly detect when I’ve entered my geofence to do things like open garage doors before I’m in the drive way. It worked very well.

I know I could probably write a timer that checks the distance and manually refreshes the location information, but it would be much easier and cleaner if I could just control the Account’s refreshInterval directly.

Thoughts?

HI

I see these appearing regularly in my logs. What could it be? I don’t know anyone named henrick :slight_smile:

I think it has to do with the ios app. Every time I load the main ui I see this error.