iCloud device data integration in openHAB

problem sorted… sorry for the pointless post

Thanks for the report; added an additional null check to the device initialization to prevent this.

Btw.: I mixed up some git stuff; might be that youΒ΄ll have problems with your fork of my repo - maybe youΒ΄ll have to create a new one :frowning: . IΒ΄ve also lost some changes but tried to reconstruct them as best as I could. I also found out how to format tables in .md (VS Code seems to be a good editor for this, as it has a better preview than eclipse).

with kind regards,
Patrik

Has anyone implemented any of the icloud items into HABpanel as a custom widget?

I have this working at home, but I’m trying to install it on another system, same hardware, same OS, but I keep getting this error:

openhab> bundle:list "iCloud Binding"
START LEVEL 100 , List Threshold: 50
 ID β”‚ State     β”‚ Lvl β”‚ Version            β”‚ Name
────┼───────────┼─────┼────────────────────┼────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
199 β”‚ Installed β”‚  80 β”‚ 2.2.0.201709111846 β”‚ iCloud Binding
openhab> bundle:start "iCloud Binding"
Error executing command: Error executing command on bundles:
        Error starting bundle 199: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.icloud [199]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.jdt.annotation; resolution:="optional"
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.openhab.core.library.types
openhab> bundle:diag 199
iCloud Binding (199)
--------------------
Unsatisfied Requirements:
osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.eclipse.jdt.annotation)"; resolution:="optional"
osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.binding.icloud)"
osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.binding.icloud.handler)"
osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.core.library.types)"
osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.osgi.service.component.annotations)"; resolution:="optional"
Declarative Services

Any ideas?

Do you install from the market place, or from the .jar provided in this thread?

with kind regards,
Patrik

From the .jar copied to the addons folder

Can you try how the one from the market place? Is this OH 2.1 release, or 2.2 cutting edge?

Cutting edge, same as my install at home. I’ll try the marketplace version when I get back later and report back, thanks Patrik

No luck there. I removed the jar from the addons folder and tried to install from the marketplace:

2017-09-19 13:34:38.797 [thome.event.ExtensionEvent] - market:binding-3642624: Binding cannot be installed: Error occurred installing a bundle.

Sorry to hear that - I’ve currently no idea what might be the issue with the dependencies :frowning: . Especially as it works on your system, mine but not the one in question.

Maybe someone else will give us a hint where to look; at the moment I can not help. The only thing we could do is to try the very latest build from
https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-pullrequest-local/org/openhab/binding/org.openhab.binding.icloud/2.2.0-SNAPSHOT

via addons folder

1 Like

That worked! I’m even more confused now, but thanks for the suggestion Patrik.

Binding seems to work great in OpenHAB 2.1, Great Work! But how do you add more than one iCloud account? Looks like some of you have done that?

Just add a second Bridge Thing for different account…

1 Like

Do you mean to put another copy of the jar in the addons folder? Or am I being stupid here :slight_smile:

Just manually add another instance of the binding in PaperUI, and specify the other iCloud account there.

1 Like

Here you’ll find the latest version of the binding’s README with all the details: https://github.com/pgfeller/openhab2-addons/blob/master/addons/binding/org.openhab.binding.icloud/README.md

1 Like

Thank you all for the information. Got it working with 2 accounts. Btw Macbook Pro also works with the binding. :sparkler:

Hey ! i’m using this icloud integration to activate night mode between 20h and 23h if my wife and my phone are β€œCharging”

It work realy well !

Now i would like to use this same thing for a β€œmorning mode”… my issue is when a iphone get 100% battery status change for : β€œNotCharging”…

I try something like when it’s not charging and level is under 100 send morning mode but it take too loong befor my iphone lose is first 1 % battery

Hi @Dominic_Bonneau,

glad the the binding is of some use to you; unfortunately I do not see how I could help you with the morning problem … I use a motion sensor that I arm @ midnight & once it triggers between 5:30 … 10:00 it disarms and starts the morning tasks like opening blinds etc. Maybe such an approach would also be possible for you.

with kind regards,
Patrik

Yeah it could be a good idea but i jave a dog and a wife …
my dog walk all the time in my room and my wife is not getting uo at the same hour as me