iCloud device data integration in openHAB

rules
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f6ce377ad10> #<Tag:0x00007f6ce377abd0> #<Tag:0x00007f6ce377aa90>

(Chad Mosk) #145

problem sorted… sorry for the pointless post

(Patrik Gfeller) #146

Thanks for the report; added an additional null check to the device initialization to prevent this.

Btw.: I mixed up some git stuff; might be that youΒ΄ll have problems with your fork of my repo - maybe youΒ΄ll have to create a new one :frowning: . IΒ΄ve also lost some changes but tried to reconstruct them as best as I could. I also found out how to format tables in .md (VS Code seems to be a good editor for this, as it has a better preview than eclipse).

with kind regards,
Patrik

(neo) #147

Has anyone implemented any of the icloud items into HABpanel as a custom widget?

(Rory Donnelly) #148

I have this working at home, but I’m trying to install it on another system, same hardware, same OS, but I keep getting this error:

openhab> bundle:list "iCloud Binding"
START LEVEL 100 , List Threshold: 50
 ID β”‚ State     β”‚ Lvl β”‚ Version            β”‚ Name
────┼───────────┼─────┼────────────────────┼────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
199 β”‚ Installed β”‚  80 β”‚ 2.2.0.201709111846 β”‚ iCloud Binding
openhab> bundle:start "iCloud Binding"
Error executing command: Error executing command on bundles:
        Error starting bundle 199: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.icloud [199]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.jdt.annotation; resolution:="optional"
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.openhab.core.library.types
openhab> bundle:diag 199
iCloud Binding (199)
--------------------
Unsatisfied Requirements:
osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.eclipse.jdt.annotation)"; resolution:="optional"
osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.binding.icloud)"
osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.binding.icloud.handler)"
osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.openhab.core.library.types)"
osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=org.osgi.service.component.annotations)"; resolution:="optional"
Declarative Services

Any ideas?

(Patrik Gfeller) #149

Do you install from the market place, or from the .jar provided in this thread?

with kind regards,
Patrik

(Rory Donnelly) #150

From the .jar copied to the addons folder

(Patrik Gfeller) #151

Can you try how the one from the market place? Is this OH 2.1 release, or 2.2 cutting edge?

(Rory Donnelly) #152

Cutting edge, same as my install at home. I’ll try the marketplace version when I get back later and report back, thanks Patrik

(Rory Donnelly) #153

No luck there. I removed the jar from the addons folder and tried to install from the marketplace:

2017-09-19 13:34:38.797 [thome.event.ExtensionEvent] - market:binding-3642624: Binding cannot be installed: Error occurred installing a bundle.

(Patrik Gfeller) #154

Sorry to hear that - I’ve currently no idea what might be the issue with the dependencies :frowning: . Especially as it works on your system, mine but not the one in question.

Maybe someone else will give us a hint where to look; at the moment I can not help. The only thing we could do is to try the very latest build from
https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-pullrequest-local/org/openhab/binding/org.openhab.binding.icloud/2.2.0-SNAPSHOT

via addons folder

(Rory Donnelly) #155

That worked! I’m even more confused now, but thanks for the suggestion Patrik.

(Frode Heiland) #156

Binding seems to work great in OpenHAB 2.1, Great Work! But how do you add more than one iCloud account? Looks like some of you have done that?

(Hans-JΓΆrg Merk) #157

Just add a second Bridge Thing for different account…

(Frode Heiland) #158

Do you mean to put another copy of the jar in the addons folder? Or am I being stupid here :slight_smile:

(Rory Donnelly) #159

Just manually add another instance of the binding in PaperUI, and specify the other iCloud account there.

( ) #160

Here you’ll find the latest version of the binding’s README with all the details: https://github.com/pgfeller/openhab2-addons/blob/master/addons/binding/org.openhab.binding.icloud/README.md

(Frode Heiland) #161

Thank you all for the information. Got it working with 2 accounts. Btw Macbook Pro also works with the binding. :sparkler:

(Dominic Bonneau) #162

Hey ! i’m using this icloud integration to activate night mode between 20h and 23h if my wife and my phone are β€œCharging”

It work realy well !

Now i would like to use this same thing for a β€œmorning mode”… my issue is when a iphone get 100% battery status change for : β€œNotCharging”…

I try something like when it’s not charging and level is under 100 send morning mode but it take too loong befor my iphone lose is first 1 % battery

(Patrik Gfeller) #163

Hi @Dominic_Bonneau,

glad the the binding is of some use to you; unfortunately I do not see how I could help you with the morning problem … I use a motion sensor that I arm @ midnight & once it triggers between 5:30 … 10:00 it disarms and starts the morning tasks like opening blinds etc. Maybe such an approach would also be possible for you.

with kind regards,
Patrik

(Dominic Bonneau) #164

Yeah it could be a good idea but i jave a dog and a wife …
my dog walk all the time in my room and my wife is not getting uo at the same hour as me