Icloud Thing remains in status INITIALIZING

Hi,

I installed icloud binding a few days ago, deinstalled and installed again, restarted openhab a couple of times, but the icloud account thing stays in status INITIALIZING.

This is the part of my things file

Bridge icloud:account:myaccount [appleId="xxx@yyy.de", password="abcd1234.,", refreshTimeInMinutes=5]
{
    Thing device myiPhone8 "iPhone 7 "  [deviceId="GLz9NbiidTkukjs8PYYzfUI05qZYkPf+KsxgpABDloiEJyLT9jH+uHYVuSUzmRV"]
}

in the log I see some entries during start, which might be related to icloud binding:

2019-03-08 14:23:27.620 [WARN ] [mmon.WrappedScheduledExecutorService] - Scheduled runnable ended with an exception: 

java.lang.NullPointerException: null

at org.openhab.binding.icloud.internal.handler.ICloudAccountBridgeHandler.refreshData(ICloudAccountBridgeHandler.java:154) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

When I filter in frontail on icloud, I see these entries only during start of openhab:

2019-03-08 14:23:25.927 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'icloud:account:myaccount' changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING

2019-03-08 14:23:26.001 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'icloud:device:myaccount:myiPhone8' changed from UNINITIALIZED to UNINITIALIZED (BRIDGE_UNINITIALIZED)

at org.openhab.binding.icloud.internal.handler.ICloudAccountBridgeHandler.refreshData(ICloudAccountBridgeHandler.java:154) ~[?:?]

I’m running currently nightly openHAB 2.5.0 Build #1549.
Any Idea what the root cause might be here?

Cheers,
Matthias

Hi Matthias,
this seems to be a general problem. Have a look here.

Regards,
Mirko

Wanting to participate in this one aswell.
I’m new to openHAB and tinkered around with the iCloud Binding in order to get some status of my devices and use it as a “presence” detector.
I messed around with a bunch of stuff and thought I broke it.
Had to re-install openHAB completely from scratch and it still won’t work.
Logfiles show this:

events.log

2019-03-08 21:38:40.834 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'icloud:account:e3f7011b' changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING

openhab.log

2019-03-08 21:38:41.536 [WARN ] [mmon.WrappedScheduledExecutorService] - Scheduled runnable ended with an exception: 
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

I already added the certificates to the JRE keystore - this seems to be okay. But from that little that I can interpret it seems that it can’t execute something properly. :-S

All of the sudden, but mine now works without doing any changes in config.

Matthias