ID Lock 150 Zwave

Hi all.
I’m thinking about buying one of these locks, I hope it’s ok if I ask a few questions here:

1. If I understand things correctly, you can tell not only if the door is locked/unlocked but also if the door is opened/closed through Z-Wave?
  2. When the door is locked/unlocked locally (using pin or tag), are you able to tell in OH which person it was or only that it was locked/unlocked?
  3. My experience with secure inclusion is that the node needs to be very close to the controller, like no more than a few centimetres. How is that done with a node that’s bolted to a door? Do you include it before installing the lock? Or move the controller (and thus the entire server) to the door?

Yes, I have removed my door window sensor on the door for that very reason.

Yes but you will have to parse it from raw string.

I’m using an RPI4 so that’s quite moveable. I include my lock without moving my unit but it’s like 4 meters to the door and I do have a quite good antenna on the Zwave controller.

Regards, S

1 Like

Ok. I have my server less than two meters from the door and when including my old Danalock I had to dismount it from the door in order to get it close enough to the server. I’ve changed controller since than though (from a Z-stick S2 to a gen5+) so maybe it will get easier this time.

Well, you could get an USB extension cord if it doesn’t work to get it closer.

Regards, S

2 Likes

Remember too you need to start with a Factory Reset lock and the secure inclusion process needs to complete within 15 seconds.

I know they have released a Zigbee module to the same lock, not sure if it’s good or not.

No, the point for me choosing this lock would be that it has Z-Wave. But an usb extension cord might actually be a very good idea, thanks!