IDE Updates?

@Kai have there been some environment updates in the last day or so? My IDE updated today and I’m now getting loads of errors -:

!MESSAGE [SCR] Exception while activating instance org.eclipse.smarthome.model.rule.runtime.internal.RuleRuntimeActivator@59adb5bb of component org.eclipse.smarthome.model.rule.runtime  
!MESSAGE [SCR] Exception while activating instance org.eclipse.smarthome.model.thing.runtime.internal.ThingRuntimeActivator@9735b48 of component org.eclipse.smarthome.model.thing.runtime  
!MESSAGE [SCR] Exception while activating instance org.eclipse.smarthome.model.persistence.runtime.internal.PersistenceRuntimeActivator@6cad7889 of component org.eclipse.smarthome.model.persistence.runtime  
!MESSAGE [SCR] Exception while activating instance org.eclipse.smarthome.model.item.runtime.internal.ItemRuntimeActivator@41a60004 of component org.eclipse.smarthome.model.item.runtime   

Most of these are Class not found exceptions. Any thoughts on resolving this? I’ve tried reloading the target and rebuilding everything, but no joy…

I assume this is the openHAB IDE? I am not aware of any changes, will have to test and analyze myself…

Yes - I have ‘all’ working sets included - same as I’ve had for many months…

Thanks.

The root exception seems to be this -:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/xtext/serializer/ISerializationContext

First test with a fresh IDE install for openHAB2-addon development was successful. I only found minor issues that I fixed with https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/pull/870.

Will now try with all IDE options enabled. But I suspect that you might simply have some issue with the selected bundles in your launch config…?

Yes - I also thought the same, but I didn’t change anything when the problem started (other than restarting Eclipse), and I’ve been through and checked what I think should be required.

Is there a way to reset this to the “default” (ie whatever it would be if I reinstalled the environment)?

Hm, a few things you can try:

• run “Help->Perform Setup Tasks” with “Show all triggered tasks” and select all
  • re-resolve the openhab.target platform
  • reset your local changes of the launch config

If this all does not help, create a new setup with the Eclipse Installer, a second time it is pretty fast. You can afterwards replace the git clones by your previous version, so that you do not lose any work in progress.

Ok - thanks Kai. The first two I’ve done already (a few times - I’ll try the last one, otherwise I guess it’s reload time…

Cheers
Chris