Idea for Binding: Spotify Connect binding

man i am using cometvisu but i dont know how put the album cover since comentvisu no acept item imagen my idea is get the url from a image item

Agreed! -And then to mimic the actual Spotify web interface as much as possible. Unfortunately, I am not very familiar with Angular, but it could be fun for a ā€œletā€™s see what we can do in a few weeksā€ kind of project :slight_smile:

Do you have a solution? I got the same problem.

I just downloaded the newest version from here:

I have no direct explanation for this. It could be caused if you had a previous version of the bindings that had a problem. What might work is to recreate the related things as the error seem to point to an incorrect stored state of existing things. Let me know if that works.

Hi Hilbrand,

In the recent updates it seems like the user-friendly names of spotify connect devices are gone, now i see something like this ā€œf537f3d8e405163c731db35ec0cd3e9e6532246aā€ instead of ā€œServerroomā€ā€¦ this used to be userfriendly names, and is what i use in my rules. Would it be possible to apply a fix there?

Thank you for your great work in developing this binding, which is very central in my openhab installation! :wink:

1 Like

Hi all,

Iā€™m trying to figure out how to send a certain playlist to a certain device. Is there an example rule how I can do this? Iā€™m kind of struggling on this!

The deviceName channel was changed to a StateOption channel. This means itā€™s populated with all available devices. It uses the key as state and displays the name when used as Selection item in the UI. However in rules this resulted in not being able to get access to the device name. The same is the case for playlists. For playlists the id is also different from what is shown as key and what is returned by Spotify.
To get better access to these data the idea is to add separate channels to use as list and to show the name. Iā€™ll hope to add these channels in the near future.

1 Like

Thanks Hilbrand! :smiley:

In the meantime I would love to make use of the stateOption functionality in Habpanel. Would you know how to make the playlist and devices available as a dropdown list (in habpanel)?

@gytisgreitai - Iā€™m using your SpotifyPlaylister widget and it seems to work pretty well. Just what I was looking for and Iā€™ve been using it in conjunction with @Quasheraā€™s player to good effect.

I noticed that you are streaming via a Squeezebox. In my case Iā€™m streaming to Chromecast Audios and wonder if this is an oddity of Chromecast or Spotify: does your widget ā€œrememberā€ that player ID? Or do you need to start a stream before you get a valid (non-offline) device? I think Iā€™ve defined my spotify.things correctly but unless the device is active, the playlister is unable to connect.

Following up (it helps to read @hilbrandā€™s documentation :grinning:):

Some devices will not be visible (i.e. Chrome casts) when they are not active. They go into a sleep mode and are not visible through the Spotify Web API. The binding will them show as GONE .

So my question would then be, is it possible to kick off a change to the chromecast appId (CC32E753 seems to be Spotify) so that the device shows up as an avaliable streaming device?

What Iā€™ve read that doesnā€™t seem to be possible because when the device is offline Spotify can not access it. It might be possible to use the Chromecast binding to activate the device and than start it with the spotify binding.

Hi very cool took some time but i was able to get it working !

we are missing a good guide here i spent the night going back and fowerd in the post
so i am not sure what are the correct steps but its working
thanks allot!

I have just migrated from Patrickā€™s old solution to the new ā€˜bindingā€™ from the Eclipse market place, but I have a seemingly small, yet crippling problem.

I have built via PaperUI to ensure consistency, but have found that the item:
SpotifyPlayerBridge_ActiveDeviceName is getting filled with the device ID, not the device name as youā€™d expect.
Anyone else seeing this?
Needless to say, device ID is just about useless if you are using it in lookups and have many devices.

same issue here - this is debilitating.
Getting a string value for the current player should be left as a simple task - as I am expecting to be able to code my own rules based on this, rather than having to guess how the binding wants to deal with a value :frowning:

the variable is a string with a default name : SpotifyPlayerBridge_ActiveDeviceName for the item? Why confuse it?

Hey Guys,

First of all amazing binding thanks for it!

Is it normal that the same spotify connect device is discovered multiple times ?

thanks Thomas

Anybody?

To answer some of the questions here in general. Iā€™ve made an update to the Spotify binding. See here:

This should solve among others:

Being able to set device by name in rules.

And identifying devices by name. The devices were discovered multiple times because they get a new unique spotify id on a certain cycle (for example on reboot). The changes in the binding now use the name of the device instead.

Please test the new binding version so I can make sure it all works correctly.

1 Like