Ignoring certain state values

Hi all

I have some switch items that pick up their ON/OFF state updates from an MQTT topic driven by an RF remote. This works fine for the most part. The issue is that the “group” on/off buttons on the RF remote actually send an ALLON or ALLOFF command addressed to button 1.

To get around it, I created a dummy item that takes state updates from the MQTT topic for button1 but has a transform file that means it will only accept ALLON or ALLOFF.

This works fine and the socket1 and group/all items in Openhab do what they should but, because they both receive the ON/OFF/ALLON/ALLOFF commands, I regularly get the following in the logs:

[WARN ] [b.core.events.EventPublisherDelegate] - given new state is NULL, couldn’t post update for ‘LivingRoom_HESocket1’
[WARN ] [b.core.events.EventPublisherDelegate] - given new state is NULL, couldn’t post update for ‘LivingRoom_HESocketAll’

Not a big deal, things work fine, but it would be nice to clear this up. Is there anyway to configure a switch item to ignore certain state updates?

thanks

Dave

Add a regex filter to the end of your binding config string to only match on the strings they can parse. See the MQTT docs.

mqtt="<direction>[<broker>:<topic>:<type>:<transformer>:<regex_filter>]