IHC/Elko Wireless dimmer - can't get read status?

Hey.
I have made an items file and a things file to my IHC controller. The binding finds my in / outputs itself and I can control them from OpenHab and also get updated values ​​in OpenHab when I control it from the buttons to IHC.
My wireless dimmers, I have to create myself because the binding does not find them itself. If I use PaperUI, I can only make them work by creating them as “rollershutter”. If I link them to my items, I can also control the dimmers from OpenHab vi basicUI and PaperUi, but I do not get updated status in OpenHab if I control them from the IHC buttons.
Is there anyone who can explain me what’s wrong? If I look in the log, nothing happens when I dim or turn on / off via the IHC buttons.

.items file:

Switch Kitchen_Pendel “Køkkenbord” (Kitchen, gLight) {channel=“ihc:controller:Kitchen_Pendel”}
Switch Kitchen_Sokkel “Køkkensokkel” (Kitchen, gLight) {channel=""}
Dimmer Kitchen_Spots “Spots Køkken” (Kitchen, gBlind) {channel=“ihc:controller:Kitchen_Spots”}

.things file:

ihc:controller [ ip=“192.168.1.80”, username=“admin”, password=“xxxxxx”, timeout=5000, loadProjectFile=true, createChannelsAutomatically=false ] {

Channels:
Type switch-channel : Kitchen_Pendel “Køkken Pendler” [ resourceId=ihc:controller:27a89128:530779 ]
Type number-channel : Kitchen_Spots “Spots Køkken” [ resourceId=ihc:controller:27a89128:29459037 ]

I have both tried to configure the dimmer as number-channel and as dimmer-channel.
I simply do not know what I’m doing wrong or missing?

Latest test version should support automatic channel creation for wireless dimmers (https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-pullrequest-local/org/openhab/binding/org.openhab.binding.ihc/2.4.0-SNAPSHOT/). Dimmer channels supports only direct level adjustment (0-100) so increase and decrease commands are not directly supported (you need to add rule to handle that).

Your configuration is not correct either:

1. Thing doesn’t have a name (in my example below, thing name is controller1)
  2. Channel resourceId parameter should be resource Id from IHC project (530779)
ihc:controller:controller1 [ ip=“192.168.1.80”, username=“admin”, password=“xxxxxx”, timeout=5000, loadProjectFile=true, createChannelsAutomatically=false ] {

Channels:
    Type switch-channel : Kitchen_Pendel “Køkken Pendler” [ resourceId=530779 ]
}

then your items should be linked to correct channel (ihc:controller:controller1:Kitchen_Pendel)

Switch Kitchen_Pendel “Køkkenbord” (Kitchen, gLight) {channel=“ihc:controller:controller1:Kitchen_Pendel”}

I had swapped around what was .items and .things file. I have corrected them so they are similar to your example, but it still does not work.

All I get on my wireless devices automatically is signal strength and low battery?

If you want to add a wireless dimmer to PaperUI, what should you do? I’ve only had luck with “RollerShutter” now. However, I do not get any updated values ​​in OpenHab if I change the level in the IHC installation.

I tried reinstalling addon, and now it works. Thank you :slight_smile:

Pauli, is it posible to make new temperature setpoint in the openhab binding, at get the controller to update these in the heating fb? Currently i can just figure out, how to read the current room temp, but it could be nice if i cold make the room setpoint from openhab app :+1:t2:

Yes, you just need to select correct resource id from you IHC project.

I´m still on the old binding, unfortunatly. But this is how my item for setpoint looks like:

Number stort_bad_Tempsetpunkt 	"Stort Bad Temperature setpunkt [%.1f °C]" 	<temperature> (g_Stortbad_TSTAT)	[ "TargetTemperature" ]		{ihc="7989780"}

The source ID is the setpoint from the heating fb in IHC controller (Visual).

In my sitemap I´ve got this:

Setpoint item=stort_bad_Tempsetpunkt minValue=18 maxValue=25 step=0.5 label="Juster varmen"

You could also use this in sitemaps:

Selection item=stort_bad_Tempsetpunkt mappings=[21.0="21.0", 21.5="21.5", 22.0="22.0", 22.5="22.5", 23.0="23.0", 23.5="23.5", 24.0="24.0"]

Its a matter of taste I guess.