Inactive switch for exec binding

Hi,

I have problem with the exec binding.
I have created Thing:

Thing exec:command:backup "Backup" [command="sudo openhab-cli backup", interval=0]

and Item

Switch Backup_Run "Backup" {channel="exec:command:backup:run"}

commannd is also added to the whitelist

Unfortunatelly I can’t use switch. Switch doesn’t react (is not active - I can’t move slider of the switch)

What can be reason of that?

Have you installed the exec binding?

Where is this slider you are trying to move, which UI?
Is your xxx.things file loading - should be a message in your openhab.log?
What related messages do you see in your events.log and openhab.log, if any?

Binding is installed, thing is online. I try in Paper UI

Below logs from openhab.log

2020-07-21 09:35:25.135 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Refreshing model 'exec.items'

2020-07-21 09:37:11.857 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Refreshing model 'execute.things'

Additionaly I changed switch status by rule. Below output in openhab.log:

2020-07-21 09:40:05.016 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘Backup_Run’ received command ON
2020-07-21 09:40:05.063 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Backup_Run changed from OFF to ON
2020-07-21 09:40:05.153 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Backup_Run changed from ON to OFF

Okay, that seems ordinary enough.
As it says in the binding docs, the switch state goes ON when the script is started and OFF again when ended. Just a few milliseconds.

I hadn’t thought about that, but of course you won’t see anything happen in a UI in that short time.

Unfortunately it doesn’t work. Script is not executed, backup is not created

Okay, that’s different. There are a hundred things that can go wrong, usually about permissions.
You could at least temporarily link more Items to Thing output, exit, and lastexecution channels, to gather more clues.

This might help -

It works!
modification of:
sudo visudo -f /etc/sudoers.d/010_pi-nopasswd
helped

Thanks for your support!