Include problem with POPP KFOB-C remote control

I’ve sent you an email as the logfile is huge and it make no sense to post it here.

Perfect - thanks. (although I’ve not received it yet - maybe I’m just being too impatient :wink:)

I’ve sent to you a return mail. If you don’t get it pls. inform me.

Hi Chris,

as I don’t know what you are looking for here the complete logfile after I’ve included the new zwave.jar and rebooted the system:

By the way, if you are German it’s more easy to discuss in our native language. Br Stefan

Hi Chris,

I have some problems to send you my logfile. The email from yesterday was returned as it is limited in the amount of characters, my todays Email with a textfile as attachment made some problems too. If you got neither the first nor the second Email please contact me respectively give me a hint how to send you this file. Br Stefan

Don’t worry - I found the part of the log I was looking for in your first post. Thanks.

When I run some tests here with the data I extracted from your log, it correctly processes the device class, and the above message should not be printed. Are you sure you have the latest binding - it must have a date of the 30th March or newer?

It should be the newest one. I took it yesterday evening from cloudbees. I will try it again when I’m back at home.I have to change the jar file only. Is it right ?

Yes - that’s correct - you just need to update the ZWave JAR file…

I tried it this evening again. I’ve loaded the zwave jar again from cloudbees ind installed it again. Then I rebooted the system but the result ist he same. Config and assoziation chapter is empty.

The attached jar file is the one from cloudbees. It should be the right one.

I remember, as I sold the KFOB and included it in the zway network, I had some problems with the inclusion process. But probably either POPP or zway changed something and now it’s rather easy to include this remote. Sorry, but I don’t know what was the former problem, but maybe here it’s the same one.

As I had the problem with zway, I got the hint to press the different buttons on the remote control after the inclusion procedure several times to keep the control longer alive. With this trick I could include the Remote control. Probably the time to transmit all the necessary informations during the inclusion process was too short. But however, now this problen in the zway software is solved.

Can it be the same problem with openHAB?

Are you still seeing this error message -:

2016-03-30 20:22:51.312 ERROR o.o.b.z.i.p.s.IdentifyNodeMessageClass[:106]- NODE 16: Specific device class 0x06 not found

Until we get rid of this, we’re stuck. I think this should be fixed - I ran a unit test with data from your device, and it processed it fine. Admittedly this was on OH2 as I don’t have tests for OH1, but the code is the same, and looking at the master repo, it looks like my PR was correctly merged.

The other option is that CI didn’t run and build the changes - I can’t see the history of the builds prior to yesterday (I doubt this is an issue)… Can you check the version info printed in the log when the binding starts…

Remotes tend to be a bit tricky to include, and there may be other problems, but we need to resolve this one as it will prevent much more happening.

I had a look into the logfile. This error message for node 16 is the last one. It don’t appears later on.

I have attached into the zip file 2 logfiles.

a) zwave.log --> I have rebooted the system today and then I woke up the remote control. Thats this file.

b) Zwave_sicherung.log --> Thats history, all the zwave events before I rebootet the system today.

I hope you can find the failure.

Ok - thats good at least :slight_smile:

You’ll need to email the files to me direct - the forum has stripped your attachment…

Chees
Chris

I’ve sent it on Friday. Hope you received it.

Yes - got it, thanks. I’ve not had the chance to look through it yet, but will do so tonight or tomorrow.

So, it looks like it’s working… At least it completes initialisation ok (I guess it shows as a green light in HABmin?).

Has it generated a /etc/zwave/node16.xml file? If so, can you attach that as well (or email).

I will do it this afternoon when I’m back from office.

Gesendet: Sonntag, 03. April 2016 um 14:49 Uhr

Von: “Chris Jackson” <bot@community.openhab.org>

An: free_flash@web.de

Betreff: [openHAB] [Setup, Configuration and Use/Beginners] Include problem with POPP KFOB-C remote control chrisChris Jacksonmaintainer

April 3

So, it looks like it's working.... At least it completes initialisation ok (I guess it shows as a green light in HABmin?).

Has it generated a /etc/zwave/node16.xml file? If so, can you attach that as well (or email).

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond

To stop receiving notifications for this particular topic, click here. To unsubscribe from these emails, change your user preferences

could you find within the node16.xml what’s going wrong?

Hi Chris,

Where are you? I need your help.:confused:

mine (from devolo) seems to have problems on inclusion

I go to Mgmt mode (hold all 4 buttons)
and tried button 1 (secure inclusion) and also button 2 (unsecure)… neither method was picked up as working inclusion by the zwave ontroller

as I understand you achieved that was bound to stick?