Including GoControl GD00Z-8-GC

HI Everyone,

I’m new to OpenHab, not sure if I’m doing something wrong but hoping someone can shed some light on this issue :slight_smile:

I’m trying to include a GoControl GD00Z-8-GC garage door opener. The device has 2 channels, both of which are read only. I tried to update OH to 2.5.11, but I still can’t seem to control the device. I have included the device’s XML file below - is there anything I can try to be able to control this node? Thank you!

• 0xdf1524c2 20 4 0x14f 0x3531 0x4744 true false true false true 40000 1000
  • COMMAND_CLASS_ZWAVEPLUS_INFO COMMAND_CLASS_TRANSPORT_SERVICE COMMAND_CLASS_SECURITY COMMAND_CLASS_SECURITY_2 COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION
  • 1 0
  • BASIC_TYPE_ROUTING_SLAVE GENERIC_TYPE_ENTRY_CONTROL SPECIFIC_TYPE_SECURE_BARRIER_ADDON 0
  • COMMAND_CLASS_BARRIER_OPERATOR COMMAND_CLASS_ALARM COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO COMMAND_CLASS_DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY COMMAND_CLASS_POWERLEVEL COMMAND_CLASS_SUPERVISION COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION COMMAND_CLASS_FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD COMMAND_CLASS_APPLICATION_STATUS
  • COMMAND_CLASS_SECURITY
  • <COMMAND__CLASS__SECURITY>
    false
    </COMMAND__CLASS__SECURITY>
  • COMMAND_CLASS_ALARM
  • <COMMAND__CLASS__ALARM>
    false
  • BURGLAR
  • BURGLAR
  • ACCESS_CONTROL
  • ACCESS_CONTROL true true
  • COMMAND_CLASS_BARRIER_OPERATOR
  • <COMMAND__CLASS__BARRIER__OPERATOR>
    false
    </COMMAND__CLASS__BARRIER__OPERATOR>
  • COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION
  • <COMMAND__CLASS__VERSION>
    false
    LIB_SLAVE_ENHANCED
    </COMMAND__CLASS__VERSION>
  • COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC
  • <COMMAND__CLASS__BASIC>
    false
    true
    </COMMAND__CLASS__BASIC>
  • COMMAND_CLASS_POWERLEVEL
  • <COMMAND__CLASS__POWERLEVEL>
    false
    </COMMAND__CLASS__POWERLEVEL>
  • COMMAND_CLASS_APPLICATION_STATUS
  • <COMMAND__CLASS__APPLICATION__STATUS>
    false
    </COMMAND__CLASS__APPLICATION__STATUS>
  • COMMAND_CLASS_ZWAVEPLUS_INFO
  • <COMMAND__CLASS__ZWAVEPLUS__INFO>
    false
    ROLE_TYPE_SLAVE_ALWAYS_ON
    NODE_TYPE_ZWAVEPLUS_NODE
    true
    </COMMAND__CLASS__ZWAVEPLUS__INFO>
  • COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC
  • <COMMAND__CLASS__MANUFACTURER__SPECIFIC>
    false
    false
    </COMMAND__CLASS__MANUFACTURER__SPECIFIC>
  • COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO
  • <COMMAND__CLASS__ASSOCIATION__GRP__INFO>
    false

</COMMAND__CLASS__ASSOCIATION__GRP__INFO>
  • COMMAND_CLASS_DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY
  • <COMMAND__CLASS__DEVICE__RESET__LOCALLY>
    false
    </COMMAND__CLASS__DEVICE__RESET__LOCALLY>
  • COMMAND_CLASS_NO_OPERATION
  • <COMMAND__CLASS__NO__OPERATION>
    false
    </COMMAND__CLASS__NO__OPERATION>
  • COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION
  • <COMMAND__CLASS__ASSOCIATION>
    false
    </COMMAND__CLASS__ASSOCIATION>
  • COMMAND_CLASS_FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD
  • <COMMAND__CLASS__FIRMWARE__UPDATE__MD>
    false
    </COMMAND__CLASS__FIRMWARE__UPDATE__MD>

2020-12-18 21:52:26.796 UTC

Welcome to openHAB!

That is a battery device, wake it up several times until an xml file in your userdata/zwave folder is created.
Then create a Thing and link your Channels to Items.

I don’t know what that is, but it is not an xml …

Please, next time you post some code please use code fences:

1 Like

Hello, so sorry about that.

The device I’m using isn’t battery powered - link to it: https://www.gocontrol.com/detail.php?productId=4

User manual to it: https://products.z-wavealliance.org/ProductManual/File?folder=&filename=product_documents/3710/10025383%20Rev-B%20-%20GD00Z-8%20GC_WEB.pdf

I’ll try posting the file contents again - to be clear I went to C:\openhab\userdata\zwave

For some reason the code fence isn’t working for me… if its OK I uploaded the file to Google drive for viewing: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16xLDhjPlVUlLaEXpbOafLzc_5nbrR7BC/view?usp=sharing

People here are generally hesitant about downloading files like that. Others have been able to post the xml file as an attachment to a post.

RIGHT, sorry getting used to everything here. I have uploaded it here direct :slight_smile: Thank you in advance for any insights into this!

network_df1524c2__node_20.xml (9.1 KB)

1 Like

OK that device is in the database but quite new. In fact I think the newest changes have not yet been exported for a binding snapshot. 2.5.11 should have some version of that device though.

After updating to 2.5.11 did you delete & rediscover / re-add the Thing? That is needed to get the new binding settings.

The device is here.

Hi Bruce,

I just tried to delete the Thing and re add in Paper UI, the only two channels I see are: Alarm (burglar) and Alarm (access). They come up as switches but they don’t seem to do anything after linking the channels.

I think I’ll hang tight for the next update, hopefully that version has the latest changes for this device!! I really appreciate your help with this one

1 Like

Apparently the barrier_state channel was added later. Chris usually tries to export at least once a week.

Ah… awesome! Stupid question (sorry very new to all this). If the binding author exports prior to 2.5.12 coming out… would I be able to update the binding only? If so, are there instructions on how to do that for a windows server?

You can update just the binding. For Linux users there is a scrip but basically you uninstall the binding and place the new binding .jar file in the addons folder and openHAB will use that.

Of course you then need to delete & re-add the Thing. It keeps the same ID so no rules or Items are broken.

Perfect. Thanks for that info Bruce!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.