Inconsistent behavior among 14 rollershutters

• Platform information:
    • Hardware:RaspberryPi
    • Java Runtime Environment: Java SE RTE java ver 1.8.0_65
    • openHAB version:2.5.0~S1655-1
      *** Issue of the topic:**
      I’ve had a healthy Z-wave network (I believe) for quite a while however every node had been wired such as switches, dimmers, etc. Healthy is defined as all items respond to human or rule commands as desired about 95% of the time.

I just added 14 rollershades which are battery supplied. Everything is paired fine and working except that I am getting inconsistent behavior when a rule or command is sent to multiple blinds. For example, the shades have a down rule and and up rule which affects all 14. When the down rule is triggered a few shades won’t drop but the rest will. With the up rule most will rise a few will not. The behavior is completely random. For each event a different set of shades is affected. It’s usually 2-3 of the 14 each time. In some more unusual cases they don’t respond at all as a group or subgroup. No shade is immune they are all afflicted equally and also there hadn’t been a single event where all were responsive.

With all that the wired items still are working just fine. The first set of shades is about 6’ from the Aeon Zstick controller and the furthest (on the bottom floor) is about 40’. Distance is not a factor.

• Please post configurations (if applicable):
    A sample of the thing: Rollershutter OfficeBlindRight “Office Blind - Right” (OfficeBlinds) {channel=“zwave:device:512:node25:blinds_control” } //

• Items configuration related to the issue
      Just Astro, nothing to see here.
    • Sitemap configuration related to the issue N/A
    • Rules code related to the issue N/A
    • Services configuration related to the issue N/A
  • If logs where generated please post these here using code fences:

Do you have your rollershutters in groups? Do you have a separate rule for every shutter or one rule that opens/closes all?

Yep, the rollershutters are in groups. There is a single rule that opens/closes all the groups at once.

Many technologies struggle if swamped with almost simultaneous commands to many devices.

For a test, you could construct a rule that pumped out commands one at a time with a short delay.
Examples