Influx/Grafana Help

after following the install instructions it seems I am now stuck on Grafana (getting it to load)…

Any ideas ?

All did some more searching and got to this point, how do I resolve ?

and a few more issues, i seem to have issues on the startup with these commands

Log File below…

End result is I cannot log into grafana via IP:3000 (just stays at blank white screen)

Anybody ? :slight_smile:

Have you considered openHABian? It supports the RPI4 and can configure Influx and Grafana automatically for you. I don’t think it can fix what you have already; you’d probably have to start over and use it to install them along with OH.

1 Like

That’s what I thought I was using, do you have any “updated” examples on the process ?

If you are using openHABian, then you should be using the configuration tool, not manually installing InfluxDB and Grafana. See the optional components below.

You should use opehabian-config to get to this screen.

Going to load from scratch and record all my steps and will stop when something doesn’t work and advise. Stay tuned :slight_smile: .

So here is what I did, should be a pretty stock setup…

from here what do I do next ?. The goal for now is just to graph the temperature from one of the temperatures on the “Demo” pre-loaded in OH config.

You need to go to this persistence doc to set up the items you want to go to InfluxDB. If you’ve already done this, post your persistence/influxdb.persist file here so we can double check it. Should be something like this. Start simple with just one item to persist. This should store every change in the Item, and also write out every hour even if there is no change.

// persistence strategies have a name and definition and are referred to in the "Items" section
Strategies {
        everyHour : "0 0 * * * ?"
        everyDay  : "0 0 0 * * ?"
       default = everyChange
}

Items {
        MyTemperatureItem: strategy = everyChange, everyHour
}

jswim788,

here is my strategy I created, I assume I have to do something in Grafana to create the link top openhab_db ?.

Disregard, it seems to be populating data. I figured out which password to use, now to start playing with things. I thank you for the help on this it is very much appreciated :).