Influxdb persistence error when editing

I’m using 3.3M1. I have Influx 1.6.2-1 installed as a persistence service. This works fine. But whenever I update the persistence file, influxdb.persist, I get a slew of errors. Strangely, the persistence appears to continue to work just fine. As far as I can tell the only issue is the error messages, but I am worried that something else could be amiss. This is a sample of the error in the log. I don’t know how to debug this further. Where did it find the ‘.2’ on line 1? What is it looking at?

I know Influx version 2 is out and some are using it. Does OH3.3 assume Influx2 is being used? Is that the issue?

thanks

2022-02-27 16:24:29.972 [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method 'QueryablePersistenceService.query()' on 'org.openhab.persistence.influxdb.InfluxDBPersistenceService@5dd39c01': error parsing query: found .2, expected ; at line 1, char 49
org.influxdb.InfluxDBException: error parsing query: found .2, expected ; at line 1, char 49
        at org.influxdb.InfluxDBException.buildExceptionFromErrorMessage(InfluxDBException.java:161) ~[?:?]
        at org.influxdb.InfluxDBException.buildExceptionForErrorState(InfluxDBException.java:173) ~[?:?]
        at org.influxdb.impl.InfluxDBImpl.execute(InfluxDBImpl.java:827) ~[?:?]
        at org.influxdb.impl.InfluxDBImpl.executeQuery(InfluxDBImpl.java:814) ~[?:?]
        at org.influxdb.impl.InfluxDBImpl.query(InfluxDBImpl.java:714) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.persistence.influxdb.internal.influx1.InfluxDB1RepositoryImpl.query(InfluxDB1RepositoryImpl.java:155) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.persistence.influxdb.InfluxDBPersistenceService.query(InfluxDBPersistenceService.java:231) ~[?:?]
        at jdk.internal.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor9244.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
        at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:154) [bundleFile:?]
        at org.openhab.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:52) [bundleFile:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829) [?:?]

In OH 3.2 you need to switch between influxdb version 1 and 2 under Settings => influxdb persistence service. I assume this is the same under OH 3.3

I believe it is set to Version 1 (by default). Note that this is all file based - I’m not setting anything through the GUI, just looking at in the GUI.

I don’t set version 1 specifically in the config file, but the documentation says it uses V1 as the default and that is what is seen in the GUI. Is it not really defaulting to V1?