Inovelli NZW97 and Z-wave Issues

Thanks. You have a different version of the device than is in the database. I’ve updated and it should flow into the snapshot in the coming days.

Awesome!

Thanks!

Chris,

I noticed that a new snapshot build was created yesterday. I pulled in the snapshot (openhab2-2.4.0.20180627170545-1.noarch) and also loaded the add-ons (openhab2-addons-2.4.0.20180627170545-1.noarch). I uninstalled and reinstalled the Z-Wave binding in the Paper UI and I also uninstalled and reinstalled the NZW97. I made sure that the device was close to my Z-Wave stick and plugged in. However, I still get the Unknown Device status identified above. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,
DM

I just checked, and this support was added to the binding 6 days ago -:

I would check using Karaf that the correct version is running and that there aren’t 2 versions loaded etc.

OK, I think I know what is going on here. When I include the NZW97 into my Z-Wave network on my AeroStick and perform discovery, it actually shows up as a NZW37 2-Channel Dual Smart Plug instead of NZW97 (There must be a typeo in the database). Once, I configured the thing and connected it to the appropriate items, it works fine. The reason I never did this before, is that I actually have an NZW37 in my network and couldn’t figure out why it was showing up twice. My NZW97 is now up and running, so this isn’t urgent for me any more. However, the current configuration can be very confusing, especially for a newbie.

I’m still having issues with this device. I got it working but then it decided to not actually turn the device on and off with my rule. That’s a whole nuther story.

I excluded and deleted the device. Now when I plug it in I get this is in the paperui. It seems to think there are two devices and it adds that zwave plus USB dongle, whatever that is. Thoughts on how to fix this? By the way, I grabbed the latest jar flle, uploaded and rebooted. Then plugged the NZW97 and thats when this comes up.

Thanks!