Install third-party binding 2.1

Hello,

I use openhab 2.1 (last snapshot). I want to connect enigma2 binding. I found this addon on GitHub

Could someone please direct me to instruction how to install third party binding to openhub2?

try to google myself, but unsuccessful

Ed

1 Like

Hiya @Bl00d_b0b,

1. Grab the precompiled jar from: https://github.com/tratho/org.openhab.binding.enigma2-dist
  2. place the downloaded jar in your OH2 addons directory (/usr/share/openhab2/addons) and change file permissions
  3. Go to PaperUI and search for things

It should work

Commands:

systemctl stop openhab2
cd /usr/share/openhab2/addons
wget "https://github.com/tratho/org.openhab.binding.enigma2-dist/raw/master/org.openhab.binding.enigma2_2.1.0.SNAPSHOT.jar"
chown openhab:openhab org.openhab.binding.enigma2_2.1.0.SNAPSHOT.jar
systemctl start openhab2

To enable debug, set within Karaf console (ssh openhab@localhost -p 8101 with password: habopen)

log:set DEBUG org.openhab.binding.enigma2

and then monitor /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log for related entries. Set log level for the binding back to WARN level after all is working ok.

Ps: I assume that you are using Linux :slight_smile:
Ps2: It’s not really needed to stop and start OH2 to install a new binding… I just do it for the fun of it :stuck_out_tongue:

Check out also:

1 Like

Thanks…

my fault… permissions :slight_smile: now works.

Edward

1 Like

if you put a downloaded jar in your addons folder, thus this version receive priority over the one installed with apt-get install openhab2-addons?
I’m running 2.0 stable but like to use some 2.1 addons which fix some issues or is it even possible to run all 2.1 addons in 2.0 stable distro?

No, you will create a conflict if you do this. First, remove/uninstall the 2.0 binding and then manually install the 2.1 snapshot version of the binding.

Yes, it is possible to run 2.1 addons on 2.0 stable core OH2 without any problems.
I would recommend to use 2.1 Snapshot for the core OH2 also if you want to try out 2.1 snapshot versions of the bindings but it’s not necessary to do so.

Thanks!

1 Like