Installating OPENHAB2 on windows 10 32 bit

Until now, I have been testing openhab 2 on 64 bit windows 10.
Now I want to move to my productive 32 bit windows 10 installation.

OPENHAB 2 is closing with an error message, linking to a crowed Oracle webpage leaving me lost.

What exactly do I have to install. I have tried already the java development kit but this seems be incorrect. I did not find the java server kit for 32 bit OS.

Any idea?

On my W10 64Bit I just had to download the plain 32Bit Java Version:
https://www.java.com/en/download/

@sihui
This was actually my first shot. but this did not work.
I also had the java_home enviroment variable set.
Must be something else.

What I also did, I have copied the whole directory that I had on my 64 bit machine to the 32 bit machine.
Could this be wrong, that some files do not match with 32 bit?

I don’t think so …
I would recommend to delete everything (save your conf folder), download a new copy of oh2, set
package = demo
in your addons.cfg and see if it works.

Then you can be sure that your old setup (configs and bindings) are not the cause of the problems.

@sihui
your suggestion worked.
At least openhab 2 is starting.
But I am receiving much more errors than I used to have on my other machine.
Strange!

Thanks for your support.

I had that once in a while too, but restarting openhab2 solved it. But it still occurs sometimes after restart and I haven’t found a solution yet.
But my production system still is oh1, so it is not urgent to me … :slightly_smiling:

“But my production system still is oh1, so it is not urgent to me”

Same with me and also I have not really discovered the killer feature of openhab 2 making me to really wanting it strongly. But it is still early time. My personal bets are 50:50 that I will be on openhab 1 when year is ending.

Right now I am just testing it a bit to contribute to the development.