First off Philip, welcome to the openhab community!!!
So since this was only posted 2 minute ago, my first question is how long have you allowed it to run? I know my Pi4 w/ 4Gbs takes a few minutes to get running to the point the UI is available. On first start, it takes even longer
OpenHAB had at least 12 hours uptime but was in fact down when I checked the status this morning. Still no logs etc.
In short I chose to reinstall everything but in a different order.
1. ran apt-get update and upgrade which did install a new kernel and associated stuff.
2. ran apt-get reinstall openjdk-8- …
3. ran apt-get reinstall openhab2
4. ran apt-get reinstall openhab2-addons
5. ran sudo systemctl start openhab2.service
Not able to access http://ip-address:8080 immediately but retried 41/2hrs later and bingo its working.
Now to play …