Insteon HUB modem database download unsuccessful

I am now experiencing some minor problems with my Insteon setup:

1. On my OH sitemap interface, the current temperature read by my insteon thermostat is posted in Farenheit degrees even though it is shown in Celsius on the thermostat itself.

2. When I turn on a light, say to 50%, using an OH slider associated with the relevant dimmer, the slider then jumps to 100% and stays there for a while before going back to the 50% point where I had set it.

3. Polling: I am confused with the correct numbers to be used. The doc mentions a value in miliseconds but the “thing” form in the Paper UI (which I am currently using) mentions a value in seconds. Which one is correct, and what would be a reasonable value given that I only have a dozen or so Insteon devices in my home?

Many thanks in advance.

Internally, the binding uses Celsius and should only be converted to Fahrenheit if your system is configured as such. I think there was an error with the OH 2 binding at some point that was fixed. Have you upgraded to OH 3.1 yet?

The OH 1 used milliseconds, and the new one uses seconds. I wouldn’t even define it and use the default of 300 seconds.

BTW, please don’t hijack an old topic. Please create a new one when it’s different subject.

I am still using OH2. I know that I should have moved on already, but OH changes are sometimes a bit difficult for people who are somewhat less advanced in OH lore…

Ok, I will do as you say regarding the polling interval (I am not sure I understand what this is really about). Anyway I don’t suppose the jumping behavior I reported wrt dimming values is related to that, is it?

Thanks again.

There are two different places polling is configured for the PLM or hub. I would recommend leaving both as defined. As for the weirdness with the dimming values, you’ll need to look at your log files and see what that is showing. Please upgrade to OH 3.1 and see if that solves your problems.

OK, thanks a lot!