Insteon hub not reachable

Hello, I am having trouble with Insteon devices on openHAB. According to the log, it appears that openHAB has no route to the Insteon hub. This issue just showed up 2 days ago with no changes to either openHAB or Insteon.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Is the hub still functional? I had one die on me.

So I did another full restart of my network and the modem linked up correctly and everything is functional once again. I will continue to monitor this behavior and see if it persists.

This appears to be an issue with your router. This is what the documentation for the java.net.NoRouteToHostException exception:

Signals that an error occurred while attempting to connect a socket to a remote address and port. Typically, the remote host cannot be reached because of an intervening firewall, or if an intermediate router is down.

I also see you are using the insteonplm binding, it is no longer supported and has been replaced by the Insteon binding

Hello Rob,

Thanks for your reply.

I was unaware of the insteonplm binding being no longer supported. What is the least painful way of switching over to the new binding?

I don’t know of a least painful way. How many devices do you have?

20-30

1 Like

I was having difficulty uninstalling the insteonplm and installing your new insteon binding so I just did a full clean install of OpenHAB2. I’m following the documentation, however, I’m a little uncertain of the preferred way to configure the devices. I was able to quickly utilize HABmin and get the devices to work. In the past I used the command line and manually edited the things/items/sitemap files. Where I’m a bit confused is, idk where the HABmin file locations are for these files (to manually edit)!? I manually added these files to the path /etc/openhab2/ but it seems to conflict with the HABmin configuration. Any advice would be helpful.

I’ve only tried paper ui or from the config files. My preference is to use config files.

Could you please kindly share the location of config files?

Do I have the correct path?

Does paper ui create these files or was I correct by creating them manually?

Here’s the documentation for things and items.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.