Insteon PLM recognized but not available as a Binding

It’s not quite the binding you want, but I’ve made some good progress on an Insteon PLM<->MQTT bridge application (in Python). It allows control of Insteon devices and reports state changes via MQTT messages (and automatically understands scenes so every device updates correctly) so it can be used with any/most home automation systems. It’s still in development but it does work for the devices I own. I’m working on adding automatic linking so something like insteon-terminal isn’t needed to to get more complicated devices like the remotes, smoke bridge, thermostats, etc configured. Later this week I’ll be adding a nicer front end and a user’s guide so you might want to check it on in a week or so. If you like the idea and have any feature requests (I need to expand the list of devices and will need testers since I don’t own many of them), feel free to open an issue on github. Repo: https://github.com/TD22057/insteon-mqtt

Based on perusing all the recent inteonplm posts and failed pull requests, I’m ready to withdraw support from my OpenHab bounties. Some folks do appear to have some sort of Insteon Hub or PLM functionality working, but have not been able to clarify just what is working and how. From what I gather, the work to get the v1 plugin properly working with v2 is something that the very few developers capable of doing the work don’t wish to take on. It seems that writing a proper v2 add-on for the Insteon PLM is too high a political and technical challenge to overcome. I’ll leave the bounties active for a few days more before moving on to other projects.

(OH2 Insteon PLM Bounty Posted)