Insteon works with Win10 but not with Raspbian on Pi3

I had (have still for testing) openHAB2 running fine on Win10 and upon getting a Pi3 installed openHABian, which I want to run full time as the server. Other bindings are working well, i.e. WeMo, but I can not get the Insteon hub working with the Pi3. I literally transferred all the files I used on the Win10 setup: .items, .sitemaps, .things and the insteonplm.cfg and installed the insteonPLM binding when I did the other bindings so I am just wondering if there is something else I am overlooking knowing everything is working in the Win setup?

The port naming is different on linux vs windows, so you need to adjust your port to something like /dev/ttyUSB0 or /dev/ttyACM0. In OH1 this is in the insteonplm section of the openhab.cfg file. Not sure where it is in OH2.

I deemed this solved because I was able to find a solution, though I never could figure out how to correct it directly nor what the actual issue is. Originally I had installed openHABian a couple of times with the same results in that when I copied the .items, .sitemaps etc everything that was not Insteon related worked though even the Insteon components had worked in the Windows version of OpenHAB. My solve was to install the full version of Raspbian Jessie first by itself and then to install OpenHAB separately. After doing this then again copying over my .items, .sitemaps etc everything worked instantly including all the Insteon components. Not sure what was the difference between openHABian and doing the full install but something is that effects Insteon in OpenHAB.

As a side note, at the time of doing this the full version of Jessie still comes with an older version, 065, of Java and the current is 131. This is significant if you are planning on using the OpenHAB cloud in order to connect remotely as it requires a newer version of Java to run than 65. I found the simplest and quickest way to upgrade Java here: Though it reads for Pi3, which is what I am using for my OpenHAB server, I also successfully used it on my Pi2b. The only addendum to the instructions is based on the commands used in the example as it is installing version 111 so one would need to change that to the current version being downloaded, i.e. 131 in my case. Also I needed to moved the downloaded JAVA file from the Downloads folder to the /home/pi folder for the extraction to work as the command is. Obviously one could edit that command as well to their corresponding file directory.

Once I updated JAVA my cloud connected and the app on my Android phone worked great. I did have to change the icon settings in the app to SVG from PNG for them to show up but that was all.

Here are better instructions on how to install Oracle Java 8 on RPI: